8 days late - 2 negative tests!

Babybaby1

Reaction score
Hi girls

So, I posted about a week ago about pains in my lower left side of abdomen in the days leading up to my period due date.

I am now 8 days late !!!!!!

I took a test on Sunday and then again yesterday (clear blue) but both negative.

No major preg symptoms. Have had the odd feeling of my period coming, mainly in the mornings (lower back ache, twinges etc) but they come and go.

I have had a terribly runny nose for about 2 weeks but no other cold like symptoms, pain in my left breast but only if I press it, not really read much into that as they don't feel larger or heavier. Had a couple of nightmares but that's not uncommon for me as I'm a vivid dreamer at the best of times.

Been doc this morning and done urine sample so will get results in few days.

It's all very bizarre and confusing! I'm usually like clock work so concerned if not preg there might be something else wrong!

Anyone had 2 neg clear blues so long after due date and still been pregnant?

Lisa xx

Im about 1-2 weeks late now.. still getting negatives.. tried every preganancy test you could name.. clear blue digital etc.. got a few symptoms. I was pregnant a couple years ago.. and the doctors/hospital were still getting negatives when i was 4 - 6 weeks pregnant, although home tests showed positive, so .. it is possible x

Oh I really do hope I am pregnant. Read a thread posted by another lady who was 2 weeks late and had loads of symptoms but negative tests. Then her period arrived :( good luck to you. Hope it's good news for both of us xx

It's annoying isn't it? I'm 4 days late and have 4 negative tests! The only symptoms I've had are backaches, headaches, nausea and stomach cramps!

Hope you get your answer soon :) xxx

Fingers crossed for us all :) .. im sure we'll all give updates! Xx

Theres more chance of a false negative then a false positive so dont give up hun, maybe the hormone is just not strong enough to be detected yet xx

Last edited:
Hi Lovely ladies,
Well this will probably sound so far fetched and I have been very sceptical myself but here goes...

My dads partner passed away last night after a long fight with breast cancer. She was a wonderfully positive and inspirational lady who was very spiritual . She believed in the after life and said that she could connect. We all thought she was a crazy lady lol.

Last night, I prayed to her and asked her, if everything she believed in on earth was true, please show me a sign and let me know either way whether this is a pregnancy or a cruel trick.

I got up this morning feeling totally normal, no pregnancy or period symptoms. I did a Clear blue as I am not 9 days late and got a negative. (Still waiting on my doctors test but pretty confident what the result will be)

Went to the loo about 5 times before I left for work as felt quite contipated (sorry tmi) but no joy. Literally as I was leaving the house I though right one last loo run, and hey presto, blood on the tissue. Pale redish/pink but a about the size of a 1 pence piece so enough not to be mistaken. I thought Thank god for that my period is here. So I left for work feeling partly emotional partly grateful. Believing that my dads partner has sent me my wish and I can move on and start trynig again this cycle!

Anyway, I am now at work and an hour on, been the look twice and NO MORE BLOOD?? I have lower back ache but thats it.

Also, when I blue my nose there was blood there too. (Could just be a coincidence)

Is it a sign or is it my period?

Lisa x

Dont wamma get your hopes up hunny, but sounds like early pregnancy spotting :) xx

It is totally bizarre, I have never ever been late, totally missed what i thought was my 'Fertile time' and then because i was having this pain in my lower left ovary area we didn't bd at all after my cycle day 20. The pains started about 4 days after that and i have been totally off sex.

It will be a shock. I hope my step mummy is showering me with baby dust from up in heaven! God bless her.

Will keep you posted
xx

HI Ladies, I just thought I would update you. I came on later that day! It was such a strange cycle.

The following month I again went 9 days late and didn't do one test! JUst thought I was having another funny cycle. No symptom spotting or anything. I was so chilled out.

Anyway. I got my BFP at 5 weeks and 5 days! I am not 10 weeks and it has still not sunk in.

Just want to thank you for your support and wish you all the best!

Lisa xxx

Wow what a lovely story.
You've certainly given me some hope.
Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months.
Huge congratulations to you
xx

Congratulations :). I am now 4 weeks late, still getting negative test, but got the docs today for my 2nd appointment, very much doubt im pregnant but would like to know why ive missed a period, next 1 should be here today

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone had any news? I'm looking around to see if what people's outcomes have been?, I'm now 8 days late. 6 negative HPT's, been to the doctors today who just said well you're not pregnant if the tests are negative so come back in 4 weeks if no period and we'll investigate for PCOS etc.

I'm convinced somethings happening, I'm absolutely shattered, emotional, really sensitive nipples, feel crampy, as if I'm getting my period, white discharge and I'm getting spots and I never get them!

Anyway, I'm sprinkling the aby dust for everyone and just looking for some kind of answer to my body behaving like this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back