7w3d constant feeling sick

becsybabe

Reaction score
Please help I feel sick 24/7 it's awful tips to help it? And how long did yours last? Xxx

As you know. I am the same. Are you on meds? X

I started with the sickness at 6 weeks and was but on tablets, they stopped me being sick but not the actual feeling. Unfortunately I didn't find anything to help. I weaned myself off the tablets from 14 weeks and finally started to feel better about 16 weeks and just felt I'll at night. Now at 20 weeks I'm pretty much back to normal (fingers crossed)

Lisey no I'm not on anything I'm at my first midwife app on Friday so I'm going to mention it to her. Nic_m 16 weeks seems so far away to start to feel ok lol :( xx

Are you being sick or just feeling sick? 24hr nausea is awful even without being sick. I had HG this pregnancy and was very ill with it I ended up unable to eat and drink and had to be on a drip. I lost 2.5 stone. Before the severe sickness started eating small regular meals really helped. Bland, dry food seems to work best. Try eating a cracker or something every hr or so and see if that helps. Try and drink plenty but not at the same time as food. So eat a cracker then wait 30 mins and drink a glass of water. I'm afraid the meds only helped me a little with the nausea but they did stop me throwing up as much. Some women get relief from travel sickness bands that you wear on your wrist. I also got a lot of relief from acupuncture. Probably the most important thing was rest. I had to spend plenty of time lying down. If I pushed myself it made it worse for a couple of days.

This pregnancy I started to improve from 12 weeks although it took a few more weeks to get back to normal. With DDs pregnancy I improved from about 13 weeks and with DS I impoved from 10 weeks and felt normal at about 13.

Last edited:
Bunny I'm not actually being sick just feel it 24/7 I have the bands but they don't seem to do much if I'm honest. Il try the eating a cracker regularly I'm fine when I'm eating just struggle to want to eat and also eel sick soon as Iv finished eating xx

I hope you find something that works. If not I promise it won't last forever! Hope you feel better soon.

I found that salty stuff helped, like ready salted pombears and stuff like that x

Salty crackers helped me in the beginning. Now cereal bars are a necessity. I'm still sick at 23 weeks, but I'm having twins.
I got cyclizine first, but it didn't stop the nausea for me, so got switched to prochloperazine which have worked better. Still being sick every few days, but feel good in between, provided I remember to eat at least every two hours.
A former midwife suggested sour drinks, so got lime cordial and that seems to help. Feels completely counter intuitive as I'm also on antacids as acid can make nausea worse.

Hope you'll feel better soon.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back