7month old food ideas and questions

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to move LO on a bit from baby jars etc. On a normal day breakfast would be baby porridge with some baby fruit or toast with jam/banana. Lunch is usually some of a baby food jar and same for dinner.
I was wanting to give him the same food we eat, can he have most things just minced up?
What about sauces should I give him any? If not what do I do I his food looks a bit dry?
Can he have the following foods:
Cheese?
Eggs?
Weetabix?
Readybrek?
Pasta?
Homemade chips mashed up?
Tinned or frozen veg?

Some examples what yours LOs eat would be great too thanks x

Also are all meats ok for them even ham or chicken in a packet? X

Hi hun have you looked at baby led weaning. At 7 months my lo ate everything we did only cut into manageable pieces. Id have a look as its a good way to progress to solids. Everything you have mentioned is fine just keep an eye on sugar amd salt content. im not sure if they say 12 months for eggs but I know I did at 6

I just replied to a post then realised it was old! Here's a bit of it that might help you though...lol...

I've been looking back through my son's baby memory book and he went from rice/porridge/banana/avocado/sweet potato/parsnip combinations at the start of weaning to just whatever we ate but with no salt and each bit mashed on it's own or with a bit of breast milk to loosen it from 7 months...and loads of finger foods once he fancied them...we did BLW so he always had them...from what I've written he really started nibbling those at 7-9 months. His favs were chicken, fish, hard boiled/scrambled eggs, bread (on it's own or mini-sarnies), toast, crackers/breadsticks, dried fruit, fruit/veg batons with hummus, yoghurt, custard, cheese, any kind of homemade soup, little chunks of mushroom, broccoli, carrots and runner beans...and any kind of pasta. I didn't write it down, but he also loved mini wraps with jam in.
Oh, I can't wait to do it all again!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back