7 year old girl dies in quad bike accident

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Urchin, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7161165.stm

I saw this on the news yesterday.

I know the woman driver has been arrested, maybe drunk, which is obviously inexcusable...BUT does anyone else think it's ridiculous to allow a 7 year old out, on a brand new Quad they've only had for one day, on the road (narrow, dark country lanes) at NIGHT? Whether or not the dad was in another car is besides the point really. It's an awful tragedy that could so easily have been avoided :(

2. cassi

cassi Well-Known Member

tragic, but dont put a 7 year old on a quad bike and let her drive it on a road! its illegal for one and for 2 a quad bike is not a toy to give to a 7 year old! seriously thoughtless on the parents behalf imo, now a poor little year has lost her life due to pure thoughtlessness, it makes my blood boil.

rip :(

3. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

I saw it on the news too. Me and OH were horrified, the parents should take some of the blame for putting her in that situation in the first place. Like you say obviously the other woman shouldnt have been drunk driving either. Such a tragedy :cry:

4. kimmumof2

kimmumof2 Well-Known Member

i agree, the woman driver should not have been on the road but neither should that little girl. i wouldnt dream of buying my child a quad bike, they are way to dangerous.

xxxxx

5. Becs

Becs Well-Known Member

6. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

I saw this on the news and thought the same.

I think it was extremely niave of the parents to allow a 7 year old out on a quad bike regardless of precautions taken. But I'm sure they'll beat themselves up for that decision for the rest of their lives as now their daughter has paid the ultimate price. :cry:

The driver also is irresposible, I hate drink drivers. I don't even sip an alcoholic drink if I'm going to drive, I just don't see the point? :doh:

Bless this little girl :(

7. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Well-Known Member

That's what I thought.Why on earth would you give a kid that age a quad bike in the first place,never mind taking it out in the dark. :roll:

8. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

:shock: My daughter has issues crossing the road alone... let alone drive a quad bike... how irresponsible is that.. ?? :shock:

9. mum2be?

mum2be? Well-Known Member

this is not far away from me

very sad to hear

rip little lady

:hug:

10. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

:cry:
    quad bikes are very dangerous, even for adults.

11. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

12. littlepip

littlepip Well-Known Member

Me and my mum were talking about this and i know its a tragidy but why would you let ure 7 year old drive a quad on her own in pitch black when the quad is not meant for under 16's, should be for off road only and can go speeds of up to 40mph!!! not to mention it weighs 23 stone!!

13. MissSara

MissSara Well-Known Member

I also saw this on the news, while my heart goes out to the parents i do believe from their stupidity this could have been prevented. My son is nearly 6 and begs and begs for a little quad bike, he won't even be having my permission to have one at 18 i hate the things.
    Can't believe how stupid some people are.

Although didn't the women in the other car get released without a caution because she wasn't drink driving or under the influence????

14. scones

scones Well-Known Member

The ten year old brother was riding his next to his sister on the dark country lane.

The tragic thing is, people won't be able to comfort the parents by saying 'its not your fault' because it IS their fault.