7 months and counting - now for tests.

Apple2018

Reaction score
Hi there

I have been ttc for 7 months and came off the pill in November last year. I started ttc in January. Within NHS Scotland when you are 35 or over you have to go to get tests etc.. well i am 35 and was due to get blood tests on Tuesday as it will be a week before AF is due. Well surprise surprise AF showed her ugly head a week early when I am 3dpo. My hubby is just waiting on his sperm analysis results.
Since being off the pill i have had cycles ranging from 27 to 31 days. Back in February I had an early period like this one but had spotting two weeks after it too but it didn't happen again. After that however my peak day changed from cd16 to cd21. This time round was cd19 but now got AF with spotting last night.
I also only have a 9 / 10 luteal phase at the most.
Not sure whether to still attend appointment? Anyone been in a similar position or can give any advice?

I think it’s important you do attend your appointment to see what you can do about your cycles. They may be able to give you medication to make your LP longer as this could be the problem.
Good luck

I would definitely attend the appointment and then advise the nurse or doctor what’s been happening.
I have read that it can take up to a year for your body to adjust coming off the pill, so maybe your cycles haven’t settled down yet? For me, mine are usually around 27-28 days but over the last 3 years since coming off the pill, they’ve ranged from 25-34 days long.

Hi @Apple2018 , I’d go to the appointment and make sure you’re in the system rather than going back to the end of the waiting list.
Is it defo AF rather than ovulation spotting?

I’ve got an ongoing saga with spotting which has got worse since IVF. I’m going back to demand a referral. Zita West’s ‘Guide to Getting Pregnant’ has good info about luteal phase - I got a copy for a few quid, worth a read? X

I would definitely attend the appointment and then advise the nurse or doctor what’s been happening.
I have read that it can take up to a year for your body to adjust coming off the pill, so maybe your cycles haven’t settled down yet? For me, mine are usually around 27-28 days but over the last 3 years since coming off the pill, they’ve ranged from 25-34 days long.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I heard that too. Might be the case but will still go to the appointment tomoro.

Hi @Apple2018 , I’d go to the appointment and make sure you’re in the system rather than going back to the end of the waiting list.
Is it defo AF rather than ovulation spotting?

I’ve got an ongoing saga with spotting which has got worse since IVF. I’m going back to demand a referral. Zita West’s ‘Guide to Getting Pregnant’ has good info about luteal phase - I got a copy for a few quid, worth a read? X

Hey. Yeah definitely AF unfortunately. I have ordered the book you have recommended off Ebay. Thank you. Will go to the appt tomoro.

Hey. Yeah definitely AF unfortunately. I have ordered the book you have recommended off Ebay. Thank you. Will go to the appt tomoro.

Let us know how you get on and don’t be scared of tests. It beats waiting about in the dark x

So went to the appointment and got 21 day bloods taken even though I had my period so got progesterone, full blood count and thyroid. Got another appointment with the doctor soon too.

So went to the appointment and got 21 day bloods taken even though I had my period so got progesterone, full blood count and thyroid. Got another appointment with the doctor soon too.

It's a pain that they insist of taking 21 day bloods regardless of where you are in your cycle. Good for you for going - I was terrified of all the tests in the beginning and they all came back clear. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back