6w scan - 2,5mm isnt it too small?!

Agnessa

Reaction score
So I couldnt help myself and went for an early scan, I'm starting 7th week tomorrow. Doctor coudnt really see much but there is yolk sac and tiny little bean measured 2,5mm. Told me to come back in 2 weeks and heartbeat should be detectable by then. I'm so confused, I thought baby should be much bigger by know,(according to the internet and other ladies scans) I'm so worried, Anyone had a scan at a similar time?

Attachments

• 50565356530__8131F255-F22B-4022-BCFB-62FE80B3CA63.jpg
    50565356530__8131F255-F22B-4022-BCFB-62FE80B3CA63.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hey I'll also be going into week 7 tomorrow so didn't want to read and run. This is my third pregnancy and the first where I'm not having an early scan so I'm afraid there is nothing I can compare with for you. I too am under the impression more should be seen at this point but at the same time these early scans they did previously warn me that they are looking for something so small in there that they haven't always got the right angle to see everything etc and also think about all the cases where a twin is missed at this stage or even later in pregnancy - there is a bizarre amount of space in there for them to hide x

Fx everythings fine for you. But in my experiences it's been bad. Baby was measuring small but had heartbeat, and I lost at 8 weeks (this has happened twice to me). But there's probably many women on here that can give you better outcomes! Xx

My 6 week scan was exactly the same, I went back and had a,scan 2 weeks later and wee tadpole was there and heart beating. The 2 week wait for the scan is the worst!! I will dig out my first scan pic for you and post it in the morning. X

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I think from memory it's 1mm per day from 6 weeks so you're measuring around 6+2/6+3. Measurements are so hard to get at that stage so they can be inaccurate. I had an early scan that just said I was around 6 weeks when I was nearly 7, baby was about 4mm with a heartbeat. All was fine at the dating scan. Was it an external scan? If so the measurements are even less accurate with those x

This was my scan at 6 weeks. As you can see.... You can see bugger all
62236bb6e14829af71c6bb512f1c32a3.jpg

This is my 8 week scan
74cc0b7a40d304c493a287bdfe939576.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Maybe you are just measuring a bit behind. I went for a scan because of bleeding at 6.5 weeks turned out I was only about 5.5 and they couldn't see anything. Went back 10 days later and saw a little bean and a heartbeat good luck x

Hey, yea it was an internal scan done exactly at 6w 2d (ovulation was exactly at 14 day of cycle - OPK) I think I stopped worrying now because worrying too much is ridiculus, I'm looking forward till my next scan and hopefully will see more plus a heartbeat! :) Im feeling terrible since a few days ( sickness; throwing up every day) which makes me feel happier as I think being sick must be a good sign that pregnancy is developing and there is more and more hcg. Lets stay positive ladies x thanks for all the replies x will update at the next scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back