6 years ttc is fast approaching..

xMillie

Reaction score
Feeling a bit fed up so I’m sure this will turn into more of a bit of a rant and nothing anyone will want to actually read, so feel free to click off now. I just need to write something somewhere.

January is speeding away fast.. so of course it keeps hitting me that this March will mark 6 years ttc and there is only 1-2 more cycles left before we start heading for 7 years ttc..
Anyone still on this site still trying after 6 years?
Think we all need a miracle!!

TTC has and continues to be an incredibly lonely place, I don’t feel like I belong on the TTC threads here as most users are new or haven’t been trying that long and will likely get a bfp soon anyway so I kinda don’t want to be surrounded by those who just need to look at their partner and get pregnant after 1 or 2 cycles of trying.

I’m tired of my cycles being whacky when they never used to be. I often use OPKs, unless I forget or just lose track of what CD I am. They’re great for working out when my period is due! Not much else. My cycles now seem to be anywhere from 26 - 32 days I guess? So that’s flipping great. None of my period apps can predict correctly anymore as my cycles are jumping all over the place.

Sex, DTD, BDing.. whatever you want to call it.. is horrible when you have to do it because of ovulation. Can’t really say you’re trying unless you’re ‘trying’ right? Yeah sometimes it just happens because you both want it but other times it’s like ‘Its time, I guess we better get the sperm in there’.

Me and Hubby are both turning 30 this year.. in the next 7-8 months. So no. Neither of us will become a parent before we hit 30. After starting TTC almost 6 years ago this was something we both wanted.. to be parents before 30. I know it’s just a number.. and plenty of people get pregnant in their 30s but it’s hard to even imagine it ever happening past 30 after ttc so long.

Before we know it July will be here and it would have been 2 years since we first ever got pregnant.. feel so desperate.

Depression is an on and off thing with me. Mostly on. I haven’t bothered going to a doctor because it’s not like they can give me a baby to fill up this freakin hole in my heart. Throw me pills or counselling, which I’m not sure would help either.

I guess all we can do is keep trying and hope one day a miracle will happen?

Hubby has suggested IVF again but on paper neither of us have any issues and we once conceived without help. The idea of it just feels like too much, it’s a ‘chance’ of being pregnant if they transfer a fertilised embryo back so of course it’s easy to get your hopes up and notice every cramp, niggle or whatever. I’m not sure I want to put myself through that for potentially nothing as well.

Hey Mille

I didn’t want to read and run. I just wanted to say I’m so sorry that your going through this. There is probably not much I can say to lift your mood. Just that I’m always rooting for you and I hope you get a bfp for your 30th. you never know what 2019 will bring xxx

Oh Hun, I’m so sorry, I’m no where near you in your journey, I just can’t imagine how you feel.

My sister has been trying for 5 years now and my other sisters were both trying for 5 years plus (although I don’t know the exact lengths). You aren’t alone in this other women are going through this isolating journey for you.

I know that nothing I can say will make you feel better really but I just hope that you are able to find some peace to help you in this journey.

Xxxx

Millie
I didn’t want to read and run but I am praying that one day you get that miracle. It really is an unfair journey when like you said ladies just fall pregnant within 1-2 cycles.
You really do deserve this and I believe one day you will get this. Massive hugs to you :hug: xx

Hi Millie,

I was trying for longer than 7years and know how you feel. It’s shit and I was always so green with jealousy at everybody else.

Instead of IVF why don’t you try chlomid or letrozole for a stronger ovulation? I can’t remember if you tried them before.

To be honest, I never ever had sex because I was ovulating. It was the one thing I refused to do because I felt that it would take away the fun of it and would put too much pressure on us. I know it’s difficult, but if I were you I would stop OPKs for a cycle or two and stop the sex for ovulation. It might do nothing for you but hopefully it might make you feel a little better?

I am sorry to know your story, and would recommend visiting yr doc yet. A woman/man sometimes needs slight changes in their diet, lifestyle or taking supplements, and a woman gets pregnant.

I’m so sorry Millie. I’ve been trying for just over 2 years which I know is nothing compared to your struggle. I have times where I find it all really hard to deal with so I can’t imagine how you must feel. I know nothing we say will help you feel better, but I hope writing it all down does help a little bit. I really hope we see some positive news from you really soon.

Feeling a bit fed up so I’m sure this will turn into more of a bit of a rant and nothing anyone will want to actually read, so feel free to click off now. I just need to write something somewhere.

January is speeding away fast.. so of course it keeps hitting me that this March will mark 6 years ttc and there is only 1-2 more cycles left before we start heading for 7 years ttc..
Anyone still on this site still trying after 6 years?
Think we all need a miracle!!

TTC has and continues to be an incredibly lonely place, I don’t feel like I belong on the TTC threads here as most users are new or haven’t been trying that long and will likely get a bfp soon anyway so I kinda don’t want to be surrounded by those who just need to look at their partner and get pregnant after 1 or 2 cycles of trying.

I’m tired of my cycles being whacky when they never used to be. I often use OPKs, unless I forget or just lose track of what CD I am. They’re great for working out when my period is due! Not much else. My cycles now seem to be anywhere from 26 - 32 days I guess? So that’s flipping great. None of my period apps can predict correctly anymore as my cycles are jumping all over the place.

Sex, DTD, BDing.. whatever you want to call it.. is horrible when you have to do it because of ovulation. Can’t really say you’re trying unless you’re ‘trying’ right? Yeah sometimes it just happens because you both want it but other times it’s like ‘Its time, I guess we better get the sperm in there’.

Me and Hubby are both turning 30 this year.. in the next 7-8 months. So no. Neither of us will become a parent before we hit 30. After starting TTC almost 6 years ago this was something we both wanted.. to be parents before 30. I know it’s just a number.. and plenty of people get pregnant in their 30s but it’s hard to even imagine it ever happening past 30 after ttc so long.

Before we know it July will be here and it would have been 2 years since we first ever got pregnant.. feel so desperate.

Depression is an on and off thing with me. Mostly on. I haven’t bothered going to a doctor because it’s not like they can give me a baby to fill up this freakin hole in my heart. Throw me pills or counselling, which I’m not sure would help either.

I guess all we can do is keep trying and hope one day a miracle will happen?

Hubby has suggested IVF again but on paper neither of us have any issues and we once conceived without help. The idea of it just feels like too much, it’s a ‘chance’ of being pregnant if they transfer a fertilised embryo back so of course it’s easy to get your hopes up and notice every cramp, niggle or whatever. I’m not sure I want to put myself through that for potentially nothing as well.

Hey Millie. Sending you a hug. TTC long term is totally isolating but you're not alone. When I was approaching 30 I was single and desperate to have a child and all of my friends were married, getting married and having babies. There's a pressure around turning 30 so I think on top of the emotional rollercoaster of TTC you have that to deal with too. But 30 is still young (and a great age to be!) so don't give up hope. My friend is 43 and pregnant with her 2nd, she fell naturally after 5 years of failed IVF. So hang on to HOPE.

For me the thought of taking a month off from trying was really upsetting (I'm 42), but we had relatives staying over Chistmas and our walls are thin so we took a break that month. January was the deadline in my head as its a year since the miscarriage, but to be honest it was lovely not to have the pressure of it all in my head and to not have the 2 week wait. I felt better for having a rest from it so maybe that would help you feel better? You may have tried that in the past but its just a suggestion.

Be kind to yourself. Get a cuddle off your man and your best friend, do things that make you laugh and stay off the forums for a week or two to for some breathing space.

Big hug

xx

Last edited:
Millie, I am not on here so much now but I still think of the long-termers and hope wholeheartedly for bfps for each and everyone.

I was trying 5 years and it is emotionally exhausting, I was terrified it would never happen but had to believe it would. I couldn't see my life without another child but was scared it wouldn't happen. So hard to switch off the worry and anxiety, esp when you suffer with depression and anxiety anyway (I do too).

It was IVF that got us there so keep it as an option maybe, we too conceived 3 times naturally but we needed that help as we just weren't catching naturally anymore.

You say your cycles have changed, have you had your hormone bloods repeated to check there is no change?

It might not be something you're into but I found mindfullness exercises helpful for relaxation, esp at bedtime. I did the body scan one (I think it was called).

If you ever want to vent/chat or ask anything IVF related then you can always PM me, I know its a lonely place sometimes and I know I'm on the other side of it but I remember the feeling well.

Take care of you x

I’m out again. Can you believe it ladies???? This cycle bang on time.

Got the AF from hell this time.
So painful!

Hi Millie,

I know how you feel. It's a lifeline to be able to write it down here even if no one reads because sat least it isn't swilling around in your head anymore. This whole situation is shit. I hope you're feeling a bit better for writing at least. I'm having a bad day and reading your feelings made me feel less alone, so thanks.

Hi Millie!

We will be hitting the 7 year mark this year shortly too! My heart goes out to you!

I've lost all hope at the moment. I just feel like I've come to the point where I need to lock away my emotions surrounding it because i just can't stand the turmoil anymore . It's become more than emotionally draining and I've just had to try and let it go. My cycles were completely screwed and I was having only one or two natural periods per year for the last two years. I've just had enough. Although on a positive note, I started taking MyOva in August and am happy to report that hat it has brought my cycles back, I've had 4/5 cycles since which is a vast improvement from one per year . But still no positive test. I've given up, I have to, I just can't deal with it anymore.

We are no longer actively trying, and probably only dtd once or twice a week at the most so I know our chances are rubbish anyway. I just need to forget it all. I haven't been on here for a few months because I found it to upsetting. But came in to have a check on everyone.

I'm sorry your so far into your journey. I really am. I now how it feels. It's horrible . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

We had a discussion a few weeks ago and have agreed to start the adoption process in a year or two when we've saved up some more money. I feel like this TTC chapter of my life is over and it's just time to put it to rest. I'll be popping in every now and again but I just can't keep coming on here and upsetting myself (I know it's silly and selfish)

I really hope the next time I pop my head in you've got a lovely BFP!

Big hugs and lots of baby dust!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back