6 weeks with no fetal pole

Oliviasmommy

Reaction score
I went to the dr for my first scan and I am 6 weeks 1 day and only had a gestational sac and yolk sac. No fetal pole. I have to go back next Tuesday to rescan. She said either it’s too early still or that the baby didn’t develop. Has anyone experienced anything like this and saw the fetal pole later on?

I went to the dr for my first scan and I am 6 weeks 1 day and only had a gestational sac and yolk sac. No fetal pole. I have to go back next Tuesday to rescan. She said either it’s too early still or that the baby didn’t develop. Has anyone experienced anything like this and saw the fetal pole later on?

Did they do a transvaginal exam? Apparently that one is usually best when this early as the abdominal exam won’t always show as much. If they could see what they saw on an abdominal then I’d say that’s pretty good.

This happened to me as well today. As you saw from my other thread, I went to the doctor because of bleeding and cramped. They seemed to think that maybe I’m not as far along as 6 weeks (more like 5 weeks). I was worried of the same that the baby isn’t growing anymore, although they did not say that to me at all (I think they were just trying to keep me calm). I’m still very worried the baby has stopped growing but they said all we can do at this point is try and stay calm and then get a blood test in 2 days and another ultrasound in 7 to 10 days unless the bleeding worsens.

Did they do a transvaginal exam? Apparently that one is usually best when this early as the abdominal exam won’t always show as much. If they could see what they saw on an abdominal then I’d say that’s pretty good.

This happened to me as well today. As you saw from my other thread, I went to the doctor because of bleeding and cramped. They seemed to think that maybe I’m not as far along as 6 weeks (more like 5 weeks). I was worried of the same that the baby isn’t growing anymore, although they did not say that to me at all (I think they were just trying to keep me calm). I’m still very worried the baby has stopped growing but they said all we can do at this point is try and stay calm and then get a blood test in 2 days and another ultrasound in 7 to 10 days unless the bleeding worsens.

It was the vaginal exam. So you had an ultrasound with no fetal pole too??

It was the vaginal exam. So you had an ultrasound with no fetal pole too??

Yep I did. It had the gestational sac and the yolk sac but no fetal pole. They didn’t seem overly concerned, but I am.

How is your bleeding? I am continuing to bleed and it seems to be getting heavier but still light pink not like period blood.

Yep I did. It had the gestational sac and the yolk sac but no fetal pole. They didn’t seem overly concerned, but I am.

How is your bleeding? I am continuing to bleed and it seems to be getting heavier but still light pink not like period blood.
Mine is pretty similar but my dr said she wasn’t concerned

Mine is pretty similar but my dr said she wasn’t concerned

Is your bleeding getting better? I have my fingers crossed for you! I’ve even heard of people bleeding for 7 to 10 days or longer throughout pregnancy and everything being OK.

Mine is now like a full blown period and pretty sure I saw tissue. :( I’m also having an immune reaction causing random swelling so now I’m starting to look into ties.

Is your bleeding getting better? I have my fingers crossed for you! I’ve even heard of people bleeding for 7 to 10 days or longer throughout pregnancy and everything being OK.

Mine is now like a full blown period and pretty sure I saw tissue. :( I’m also having an immune reaction causing random swelling so now I’m starting to look into ties.

Mine has stopped. I am sorry you’re having such a stressful time. Try not to panic! Things like this DO happen!

Mine has stopped. I am sorry you’re having such a stressful time. Try not to panic! Things like this DO happen!
Yay! I am so glad yours has stopped. :) how long did yours last for? Did it ever get heavy? Did you pass any clots or suspected tissue? I think I have passed both and mine will not stop.

Yay! I am so glad yours has stopped. :) how long did yours last for? Did it ever get heavy? Did you pass any clots or suspected tissue? I think I have passed both and mine will not stop.

mine lasted on and off from Thursday-Monday. I didn’t pass clots or tissue though.

how are you holding up? Any update??

I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I was supposed to be about 6+2 when I went for my first scan, but all we saw was an empty black sac, dated at 5+4. We went for another scan yesterday (2 weeks later) and finally saw our jellybean with a good strong heartbeat, dated at 7+2.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I was supposed to be about 6+2 when I went for my first scan, but all we saw was an empty black sac, dated at 5+4. We went for another scan yesterday (2 weeks later) and finally saw our jellybean with a good strong heartbeat, dated at 7+2.

The dr had said my dates were right on track for where I was at the time. I had a yolk sac and all the measurements were for where I told her I was. But hopefully something shows next scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back