6 weeks pregnant spotting and breastfeeding

Therese H

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone every experienced spotting since 5 weeks pregnant and is still breastfeeding. Does anyone know if there’s any correlation between the two? It’s just light red pink spotting. I’ve also been having extreme first trimester morning sickness that has been lasting all day.

Hello,

Has anyone every experienced spotting since 5 weeks pregnant and is still breastfeeding. Does anyone know if there’s any correlation between the two? It’s just light red pink spotting. I’ve also been having extreme first trimester morning sickness that has been lasting all day.

Not sure about the breastfeeding and spotting but I had spotting in my last pregnancy starting around 4/5 weeks and lasting untill 20 weeks on/off.

Not sure about the breastfeeding and spotting but I had spotting in my last pregnancy starting around 4/5 weeks and lasting untill 20 weeks on/off.

Wow ok thanks for your response. Did they say why you experienced spotting? And how often was your spotting during the day and how much did you spot at a time?

It’s quite normal to experience spotting. I had it up to around 10 weeks, throughout the day on wiping. Would be either pink/brown and at 13 weeks I had quite a big bleed of fresh red blood and went for a scan when that happened xx

It’s quite normal to experience spotting. I had it up to around 10 weeks, throughout the day on wiping. Would be either pink/brown and at 13 weeks I had quite a big bleed of fresh red blood and went for a scan when that happened xx

thanks! I’m just nervous it’s because I’m breastfeeding

Wow ok thanks for your response. Did they say why you experienced spotting? And how often was your spotting during the day and how much did you spot at a time?

I had an early nhs scan at 5+4 couldn't find a reason, a private scan at 7 when it happened again and then I had it probably once every week or every two weeks. They were never concerned. They did scan me again at 16 weeks after a full day of spotting but couldn't find anything. Then I had to go to out of hours at 17 weeks after bleeding quite a bit on and off, no scan but the dr did an internal and said I had a cervical ectropion, which was causing it.

Didnt have any after 20 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back