6 weeks after labour, tummy still hurts

i.love

Reaction score
Feels like muscle pain, I get it when I walk or get up from bed... It's in my tummy but really low down, below my waist line.

GP didnt seem concerned, but I thought all pain should be gone by now?

It's not getting worse, but not getting any better either... Annoying!

Did any of you had this? do you think I should try another GP or just leave it for the moment?

Mine is still sore, my abs havent knitted back together yet and I'm seeing a physio now, could that be the problem with you? They checked this at my postnatal check up.

Oh right... I think my abs are fine - I did the 'how many fingers' test, and I seem to be ok... It hurts much lower though.

My gp didn't check anything at my checkup - only looked at the lo :( i guess if this doesn't go in 2 more weeks I'll need to go see someone else.

Hope yours sort itself out soon!

Your tummy could still be contracting and shrinking a bit too. Or is it like a period pain? I had this a bit and thought I was going to get a period but I didn't! I had a separate check at doctors, Kynon not had his yet he has to wait until he's 12 weeks because of being early. They did that finger check, said it's more common with second babies and cos i exercise a lot. It might not go back fully though, I've got some exercises and not to do much at gym yet, not that I get much time for the gym these days lol!

No it's more like muscle pain - it hurts every time I sit up or when I walk or if I stretch certain muscles. Feels like I've sone too many abs exercises and it hurts iykwim? Though it's much lower than normal abs pain

Maybe it is your abs getting back to normal, after all they haven't don't so much for the last few months and now you can move normally again they get a work out just sitting up or walking. Have you checked to see if you have a gap? You lay on your back with your legs bent and do a very small sit up and hold that position and feel your abs all the way down, my gap is near my belly button mostly.

Yeah I've done that - the gap is only 1-2 fingers, which I understand is normal. Maybe I'll check again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back