6 weeks 6 days pregnant but how far am I really?

Xmissy2016

Reaction score
Please can someone help me out...
I'm currently 6 weeks 6 days pregnant but it goes back to 4 days before my period how is this even possible?
Thanks

How did you establish that you are 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant?

It was from an early pregnancy ultrasound scan
It just doesn't make any sense how can you be pregnant 4 days before your period? 😐

They work out your dates based on ovulation(conception) plus two weeks. You could have ovulated earlier in your cycle which would result in baby measuring further along. Alternatively, your baby might have had growth spurt before scan. The dating is approximate so don't worry about it x

So was I not pregnant on the first day that the scan dated back to?
Thanks sorry I have no idea on this X

In general your pregnancy is dated to the first day of your last period but our body's cook different so they sometimes adjust that date by a couple weeks either side of last period.

The conception day is usually about 2 weeks into the pregnancy if that makes sense!! Basically our body's gear up to have a pregnancy each month but obviously if you don't conceive you will then have period. They count the 2 weeks before conception as you womb was getting ready for the egg...

Does that help? Im not great when trying to explain things!

Thank you 😀 I think I understand so it goes back to 4 days before my period because I actually conceived earlier than the set 2 weeks after my period so that's why it moves backwards hope I am right as i have been struggling to understand thanks X

Yes :)

That or your baby is just developing a little faster than average. Either one of those work!

My date last pregnancy was bumped by 2 weeks at my 12 week scan so they said I was 14 weeks. My baby grew slightly quicker. This time I had an early scan to rule out ectopic and they said I'm about a week and a half behind where my last period date would put me! So I take the dates with a pinch of salt :) as long as my baby is healthy I don't mind!

Thanks I understand now
So the scan measures baby gestational age then adds a plus 2 on strange!
I automatically thought day one was when you conceived if done by a scan date lol!
Thanks for helping me understand

I was sure I was 7+3 and went for scan after small bleed. I apparently measured 6+3.
Ok, I thought!
Went for follow up scan two weeks later and was measuring as I thought before at 9+3.
Babies grow weirdly! All will be fine I am sure :) Wait until next scan. You could go forward loads!
Also, when told my midwife about the 6+3 measurement, she wouldn't change my due date as she said, it'll probably go back again!
Don't worry lovely! Xx

Your midwife will go by the first day of your last period until your dating scan between 12-14 weeks. They will not go on the dates given by any early scan so if I were you I would go by your period as your date until your dating scan. They just got by measurements and it's apparently not always accurate in the early scans. Mine put me 2 days ahead but my MW wasn't interested she has still given me my EDD by my period for now.

Others have pretty much covered it incase it helps i'll add my bit :). Scans are not perfect. They say they can be out by as much as about 5 days either way for dating. They count your pregnancy from the first day of your last period. Which means you are not even pregnant the first 2 weeks. That is assuming you have a regular 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14. Its easy for your cycle to be off by a couple of days. I had a 26 day cycle last month and this month i'm pretty sure i ovulated on day 12. That is pretty much confirmed by the fact I got a bfp 9 dpo so if i had ovulated cd 14 i got a bfp 7dpo which is close to impossible, unless its twins :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back