6 week scan today after spotting.. So nervous!

Slb24

Reaction score
Well today is the day!! I'm excited and so nervous at the same time. Only got to wait until 9:45.

I've been waiting for about 1 1/2 weeks. I phoned Epu yesterday and asked what kind of scan and they informed me that it will be an abdominal and then an internal if they can't see anything. I'm not sure why they do it this way around tbh.

I'm hoping I see a nice strong heartbeat today but I could be a littler earlier than 6 weeks if my cycle was meant to be longer than 28 days. But we will see.

Wish me luck guys.. Xx

Good luck honey, I'll be thinking of you Hun xxx

I had a scan on Monday at 8 weeks and mine was internal. But I think they try to be less intrusive and modest if they can. However, at my EPU it has to be internal before 10 weeks.

Good luck, hope everything goes well xx

Thank you tonks!
Thanks Keely. I always thought it would have to be internal. That's why it seems daft to waste time. If they can't see anything on the abdominal I have to wait 30 mins and empty my bladder and then go back. It just seems like a waste of time as internals are clearer. Xx

Thank you tonks!
Thanks Keely. I always thought it would have to be internal. That's why it seems daft to waste time. If they can't see anything on the abdominal I have to wait 30 mins and empty my bladder and then go back. It just seems like a waste of time as internals are clearer. Xx
I know but they're not exactly pleasant. Mine was very Uncomfortable and I had some bleeding following the scan later that afternoon. Me & OH are now too scared to DTD ���� xx

Thanks lilalylola.

I had one at 5 weeks with my daughter and i didn't feel anything lol we haven't DTD anyway because of the early spotting I had. I've told him he has to wait haha xx

Hope all goes well this morning sweetie xx

You might we'll see a lovely heartbeat! I've seen my little ones at 5 weeks 4 days! I so hope you will see one! That would be so nice.

Good luck. I had a scan at 6+6 and it was internal. It really wasn't that bad. Can't wait to see your pics xx

Good luck sweetie, will be thinking of you, I'm feeling really positive everything is going to be fine :)
Thanks again for your support my lovely

xxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Was just thinking about you, I'm sure everything will be ok, good luck xx

I had an external scan and see babies heart beat from 5 weeks, good luck x

Hope everything's ok sweetie xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.

I had to have both done. The abdominal just showed a sac. The internal showed a sac and a yolk. The measurements are right at 6 weeks. The sonographer thinks she could see the baby very close to the side of the sac. So she couldn't be sure if it was the baby or not. Got to go back next week. More waiting but nothing I can do xx

It'll be fine Hun it's just a little early to see at this stage isn't it?

Do you feel any reassurance?
Xxx

I had exactly the same thing with my sons scan and a week later when I went back he had a hb x

Thanks everyone.

I had to have both done. The abdominal just showed a sac. The internal showed a sac and a yolk. The measurements are right at 6 weeks. The sonographer thinks she could see the baby very close to the side of the sac. So she couldn't be sure if it was the baby or not. Got to go back next week. More waiting but nothing I can do xx

Sounds positive. A week will fly by & think how much baby will have grown in that time. I had an internal scan at 7+2 & saw the heartbeat. Xxx

sib24 here's what you will hopefully see next week. We were incredibly emotional when we saw the little heartbeat. Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member