6 months old and not interested in solids!

Charliebump3

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem! My lo is 6 months old and doesn't seem interested in solids! She's refusing puree and just throws finger foods on the floor! She is still have 5 6oz bottles a day and isn't showing any sign of cutting any out (well I guess she won't until she has solids).

Now here is the hard part, she is lactose intolerant so we have to watch everything she eats! I'm running out of ideas as to what to try next. I've tried home puree, home made finger fruit/veg, jars, lots of different baby porridge and baby rice! I'm stuck. HV says just keep trying but I've been trying since she was 5 months and one month on I'm getting no where!

Last edited:
Just an idea. My LG was fussy with bland flavours. I tried pea and mint puree, sweet pot and pear etc oh and blueberry and banana we mastered it with. She will only eat porridge mixed with puree fruit or mashed banana. Oh and don't worry I think they all throw Finger foods on the floor around this stage. At least she hasn't dropped her milk so don't worry too much, maybe try again in a few days. x

I might try them. I remember I used a wonderful book when my little boy was younger and it was things like baked butternut squash and orange juice and he loved it! I am going to dig that book out x thank you so much I have been so worried about adding different flavours because of the lactose intolerance. I could do with the appointment with the dietitian sooner rather than later!

Oh god I dread all this weaning again, most frustrating thing ever!! At 6 months, it's still merely just tasting, it took a good couple of months for my lo to even get around to eating a couple of spoon fulls while her friends happily chomped away. I would say up until she was 1 we had great difficulty but found she was better with 'tastier' things rather than bland. Now she's 20 months and will happily chomp on anything we are having and most her meals. Keep persevering x

Thank you I will. My other two took to it like ducks to water and they aren't lactose intolerant. It's all so new and HV are really not that much of a help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back