5weeks today brown cm please help

V1ck1

Reaction score
I'm at work went to the loo had little bit of brown cervical mucus starting to panic as had chemical pregnancy 2months ago .....I know it sounds mad but been reassuring myself by doing regular pregnancy test as my line faded last time

Brown is usually a sign of old blood so probably an implantation bleed or irritation. You should ring the doctors really but they may refer you to EPU and usually they won't see you unless you're 6 weeks.
If it's not bright red I would try not to worry too much, I know easier said than done. Have you done a digi test? x

It's like brown bits at the moment in my cervical mucus they probs won't do anything I had a ectopic 2years ago so I'm on edge with that aswell ..i done a digi on Tuesday said 2-3 weeks will do one when I get home

If its not red & you're not experiencing any pain I wouldn't worry too much. Make sure you rest up this BH weekend. Keep us posted x

Just done a digi and says 2-3 still no more brown thank god ....no chance of rest working all weekend and bank hols I'm a career xx

I have had this three times so far in my pregnancy and I m 21 1/2 weeks. No pain, although it might have been when I was doing too much. All is fine and my baby is currently playing volleyball/football with my insides!. My MW says that it is most likely cervix having hormonal changes and that this can cause some lining to come away. As long as it stops fairly quickly and doesn't turn red, then don't worry too much. However, whenever it happened, I got myself checked out because I felt better knowing that all was ok. If It would help you, ring MW or go to GP. Personally, I would go to the midwife as GPs sometimes seemingly have no idea about pregnancy!
depending on your history, they might scan you, they might just talk to you then let yo go, but it might put your mind at rest. :)
Good luck with the rest of pregnancy! X

Was literally a few specks but I know I shouldn't but I have been temping still at today it dropped below my coverline so worried it's happened again. Test still says positive as last time the day it dropped my test was negative xx

Spotting is never what we want to see but it isnt always serious. Could your temp reading just have been a bad reading?

I have no idea I hate this unknown feeling especially at work not knowing if I will start to miscarry

Waiting is horrid. Maybe it would be worth going to doctors and seeing if they will do blood tests?

Already spoke to them said nothing they can do have to wait and take a test next week such pricks excuse my language so angry ! X

Aswell the same surgery misdiagnosed my ectopic and I was very lucky x

I get there is not a lot theycan do so early but it does seem like with a history of ectopic pregnancy they would be more concerned than normal.

Last edited:
I said that but he said at 5 weeks ectopic don't show till 6 weeks which I think is rubbish as I was nearly 6 weeks when I had it before Andy hormone level was really low x

Have you got an early pregnancy unit near by? There's two near me. One is self referral. If there is a self referral they should see you given your history. But they won't scan until 6 weeks. Some even later. They will offer bloods though.

I've just had my second scan now. I had pink and brown spotting and everything is fine. So there is hope Hun. Good luck xx

I'm not that concerned about the sporting just my bbt level last one I called the epu they didn't help had to call 111 x

I would give them a try again. I hate it when professionals aren't supportive.

My temperature was really up like 38 a few days before my BFP. But it's normal now. Don't worry about it xx

Did just read something
It is up to you if you want to keep temping, I continued to temp for about 2 weeks afterwards and then stopped. A drop could mean a lot of things which is why the ladies suggest to put the thermo down. Taking your temperature early can affect your temperature. Your temperature changes depending on what cycle of sleep you are on. Your body temperature gets higher as you approach your waking hours (to help you wake up easier and to function during the day), whereas in deep sleep your temperature is much lower because you don't need as much heat and energy to function during this time. You may have been in a deep period of sleep (do you remember if you were dreaming when you woke up?) which is why your temp is so much lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back