50 incher

LouisecH

Reaction score
As the subject heading suggests, I'm a 50 incher with a tummy like raspberry ripple ice-cream.

hi hun,

im 50 inches too :) has your midiwfe said anything about your size? i had to go to hospital this morning to get assesed, i have been booked in for a sugar test and a growth scan next thursday so estimate his weight.

My tummy has grown about three inches in the past couple of weeks and my mum couldn't stop going on abaout how big I have suddenly got :shock:

My belly has finished moving upwards and it is on its way out girls! :lol: lol

Where are you measuring coz I can only find 38 inches of baby bump and I feel HUGE! :shock:

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
My belly has finished moving upwards and it is on its way out girls! :lol: lol

yay! the fun part begins now lol like resting your plate or drink on your belly, watching your belly button pop out, its all good fun :)

i messure around the bigest part of my bump sami, for me thats around pretty much level with my belly button

My belly button popped out so long ago now - I've got used to it sticking out :lol:

I measured round the middle too - I'm not as big as I thought then..... :? that's not a bad thing is it?

no not at all, dont forget you have a small frame, your a pette person so your bump is prob perfect for your size.

im a size 16 to start with so i will messure bigger anyway

yeah , thats the one the midwifes go on, you should messure roughy the same as the amount of weeks you are, give or take 2 weeks,

Im messureing 32 inches at the mo and im just over 31 weeks

My midwife has never measured mine, just feels my tummy. I've just measured it and it's about 26.5/27 inches.

do you know where you messure to and from?

you have to messure from the pubic bone then feel up to the top of your womb

im really suprised with all the hospital visits and midwifes you have seen that no one has messured your bump, in fact, thats quite bad! i would get on to them next time you see one and ask for it to be done.

the heartbeat, a feel of your tummy and a messurement should be taken at each visit

Yep - pubic bone to top of where I can feel my womb - why is that not a good size?

Hi Everyone

Hmmm.

I'm a size 14-16 normally and I've been told that being 5ft3.5 means that the baby grows out more. My Mum is 5ft7 and was only 39 inches round the day before I was born :shock: and I weighed 6lb10 so Sami, you don't have anything to worry about even if you are little.

Layla - I've seen my midwife every 3 weeks since I was 12 weeks and she has measured my fundal height the last 2 times. Apparently it's about 32 cm now so it's a biggish baby but within the range of normal. I was told to put any thoughts of a small baby out of the window although she said she'd have a better idea at 35 weeks. Oh I can't wait for that verdict.

Sami - although they say the cms should correspond with the number of weeks of pregnancy, I've been told that approx 3cm either way is normal so I really think you'll be fine.

Feeling large.

Things must be really different here in Ireland.

I am 29 weeks pregnant tomorrow and the only time anyone ever examined, pressed in on or in any way investigated my bump was the other day when the doctor was concerned about my blood pressure and was checking to see why I was having a tingling feeling in the area of my stomach.

I have never been measured. What happens with me, is that every time I go in, urine is checked, my weight is recorded and my bp is taken. After that, if I am in the hospital rather than with my gp, I have a scan and/or blood tests. I have only had two blood tests, too.

Sue

Tiny Sue
Its wierd that you are weighed, as I didn't think midwives did that any more? I assumed that they were all doing the fundus measurement instead, as it is more accurate.

Perhaps some midwifes still prefer the old-fashioned methods.

My bump is now 44 inches, and my size before getting pregnant was a 14-16

Hello

Ya every one should be measured at each visit, I'm usually dead on but since i got my new doc. cuz my doctor doesnt deliver, she doesnt tell me the measurment, just writes it down.
Katrina

I wasn't really worried about the size of my bump before coz I thought I was huge! :shock: maybe it's just my short frame. Seeing midwife again tomorrow for my weekly check so maybe she'll do it then?
I don't get weighed either as I know they threw that out the window.
My midwife has been doing her job for over 20 years so maybe she is just very well used to feeling babies and knows what size is god and what is bad from so much experience?

I thought I was huge at the beginning, well I was, but now I seemed to have stopped. Sami your midwife knows her stuff, so if there was any cause for concern she would have alerted you by now. Ba ba is fine, we are nearly there now, this pregnancy stress is nearly over! Let us know how you get on tho huni.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back