5 month old not sleeping, husband being nasty.

violet13

Reaction score
So my lb has a tooth now it's come through the gum but hasn't bothered him much I've given bonjella and calpol during the night too but he just won't sleep properly he's up 5-10 times a night blowing raspberries and squealing but not in visible signs of discomfort and seems happy in himself but just won't sleep properly and now my husband is being very grumpy about it and wants him in his own room I don't really want that yet and also I don't want to be back and forth between our room and babies room if he's waking that often. I honestly don't know what to do we have a routine in place he goes to bed at 8 and has a bottle before bed but wakes making a lot of noise around 4am has a bottle but won't drink it all or settle afterwards I'm up at 6am most mornings and all through the night. Help please xxx

My husband used to go and sleep in the living room yours move if it's disturbing him.
I think with your L/O just try and keep the routine going before bed as much as you can. Sleeping from 8-4am seems really good to me. Do you think maybe he just wants to get up at that time?
My son would wake a lot until he was way past 1yr even now at nearly 3 he gets up once a night for a bottle around 3/4am and then wants to come in bed with us.

xxx

I've no idea what he's doing tbh with you he's awake way before then sometimes at 1-2 and then awake till 4 and he's exhausted in the day. I don't think his mouth is bothering him I keep up with the bonjella and calpol when I think he needs it but never over do it. It's only recent too like the last week and a half xxx

Hun I think you just have to ride it out. What I found with my LO is that behaviours came and went I had periods of him waking not even wanting a drink and then just being awake and then it would change as quickly as it had started and he would be sleeping until 6am no waking for a few weeks then it would change again.
I think as long as you keep the room dark and quiet when he wakes and just give him as little activity as possible. He needs to associate that when dark and quiet its sleep time.

I did try a good technique but this was when my son was just over a year and we moved into a 2bed so he had his own room then. He was still waking for milk like 2/3 times a night so I stopped the milk and when he woke I would lie on the floor next to his cot and every 5 mins I would say Jesse sleepy time now and I would keep one hand touching him in the cot. As you can imagine he went apesh@t but I would just keep repeating myself really calmly and eventually he would go back to sleep. After about 2 nights of this the 3rd night just once of doing it he was sleeping through but now hes older it seems to have got bad again.

Your son is still so small maybe hes just becoming more aware of his surroundings.

Honestly though nothing lasts forever and tell the husband to sleep elsewhere if he wants a good nights kip! xxx

I think when a baby is poorly/teething the routine changes and they often don't know how to go back to how they used to be. I'd carry on keeping your routine the same, if he's already unsettled I think moving him into his own room will upset home more. I remember my son was the same at that age, he cut his first tooth at 5 months and after a week or two he went back to sleeping through the night. I think 8-4am is good for his age anyway. Does he have a comforter like a blanket or a soft toy to cuddle? Could your husband catch some sleep downstairs if it's disturbing him that much?

Thank you all, I've said to the hubby to sleep downstairs our little one isn't that bad tbh he just blow raspberries he's just practising with his voice and mouth so I'm not too fussed on it I just cuddle him in our bed which is nice and I seem to get enough sleep so don't know why it's disturbing hubby so much. I'll keep up with our routine and hopefully he'll settle down more soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back