5 days of High Fertility.....???

shorty77

Reaction score
Hello All,

Hope you can advise??

So I started OPK testing on Sunday and got a flashing smiley face and have the same everyday including today. so have had high fertility since Sunday.

Why have I not had a peak fertility solid smiley face? Does this mean I have not ovulated yet?? Do you only get peak fertily when you actually ovulate?

The test a the duel hormone Clearblue test.

Any advice more than welcome..

Thanks
x

I really don't like these tests, some women have had 9 days of flashing from what I remember. Once you get your peak you will ov 12-36 hours after that. Do you have any cheapies to check whats going on just incase the digi is not picking it up for some reason? xx

I have had a bad experience with these tests - the first time I went from a negative to a peak in one day when my cycle showed I didn't Ov that day, another time I used them for 10 days each time was high but no peak. I use the cheapie OPK strips now as at least I can see what's happening better, but to be honest with you since I have gone from being overweight to 'normal' BMI I have felt OV 2 months in a row! But I know not all ladies can feel it.

I've had trouble with these too. Said peak on cd7. I knew it wasn't possible. Just had 4 days of high and this morning turned to peak. I don't trust them after cd7 incident so have been cross referencing with a normal opk. Don't worry I'm sure you will peak soon....I would just try to judge things by cm if you can't tryst the opk.

I realised after my peak today it was all fairly pointless....as the opk can't tell you when this will happen. Spent the whole day at work worrying that I will miss o if it comes 12 hours rather than 24-36 hours later.

I used these this month and had 11 days of flashing before my peak. When I did get my peak it showed on a cheapie too, and my temps rose a couple of days after too, so I'm confident it was accurate (although after a few days of flashing smiles I was also doubting it!). I'd suggest you keep testing :)

Although, lots of high fertility doesn't accurately help if you're using it to have a bit extra advanced warning of OV.

The high fertility means your estrogen is rising, which happens before the LH surge (peak) just before you OV.

Last edited:
I used these this month and had 11 days of flashing before my peak. When I did get my peak it showed on a cheapie too, and my temps rose a couple of days after too, so I'm confident it was accurate (although after a few days of flashing smiles I was also doubting it!). I'd suggest you keep testing :)

Although, lots of high fertility doesn't accurately help if you're using it to have a bit extra advanced warning of OV.

The high fertility means your estrogen is rising, which happens before the LH surge (peak) just before you OV.
Thanks Babyfrog.

This is very helpful...

Why is this so hard??? ha ha

x

I have no idea. How did people manage to have children before all this temping/OPK malarkey existed?!

And they couldn't even google their symptoms! Ridiculous ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back