5.6 days measured 4.4 but saw fetal pole and sac?

Robbda

Reaction score
Ok I'm confuzzed...

so because I am going away week after next I had a private early scan, I just wanted to check that baby was anchored in the right place and I wasn't going to end up with a burst fallopian tube miles away from home..i know I can still miscarry but that was my biggest worry as two sonographers have failed to locate more than the right ovary! if I lose that I think I might be up the creek...

So I ended up having a t/v and boy did she zoom! ...bean was tiny.. so she measured me at 4 weeks 4 days (a week behind my ovulation EDD) but then she pointed out the yolk sac, the pole and several times she said it looked like a flicker which could be the heart but it was so small it was difficult to see..

do you could I just have a small bean? both of us were small babies, and I have abnormally small ovaries and a small uterus I'm just wondering if I could just be small but perfectly formed? :) stuff I've read have said the sac and pole wont be seen at 4 weeks ?

thanks xx

It's possible Hun. The reason they don't date you until 12 weeks is because all babies grow at different rates at this early stage. Some faster others slower. As long as the baby was in the right place and had a heartbeat then I wouldn't worry yourself. Xx

Just an update.. I had a scan a week later and baby had grown 1 wk and 4 days and then a month later another and we were bang on little arms legs and eyes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back