5 1/2 month old. Normal behaviour or in pain?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by elouise123, Jul 20, 2013.

1. elouise123

elouise123 Well-Known Member

Hi my daughter is 5 1/2 months old and for the last couple of weeks she will not sit for 5 minutes without getting frustrated! It's very demanding. I give her teething gels, calpol. Doesn't help. I try to give her milk she drinks an ounce or 2 then doesn't want anymore cause she has wind so I have to leave her then half an hour later she wants milk again. Then I can see she is tired but its a battle and she just screams until she finally falls asleep. Then she sleeps for about 15 minutes then wakes up and she won't go back to sleep. It's like this all day and she wakes up constantly in the night! I'm exhausted and fed up I don't know how to help her!
    She is also pooing alot more than usual its not runny but there is mucous there.

Anyone else experience this? Is it because she is teething?

2. rheannymac

rheannymac Well-Known Member

Could be teething, it's so hard to tell tho!
    Only thing I can suggest is to try nurofen instead of calpol? Personally I tend to find nurofen helps Harry more than calpol does. It's maybe even this heat Hun? I know Harry has been a bit more cranky cos of the hot weather xxx

3. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

Tbh it sounds like she is being a baby, they have phases like this then they go back to normal! It prob is teething so try teething gel!
    Xxx

4. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

I have a demanding baby too, so know what it's like. He seems to go through phases of being more difficult, which I put down to teething or frustration, For us the calpol usually works when he's really bad. Have you tried baby nurofen? Hopefully this phase won't last too long - I found as Harry has got older, he still had his difficult days, but he seems better on the whole xx

5. Drummers_wife

Drummers_wife Well-Known Member

Nelson teething granules have changed our life and ibuprofen as calpol doesn't work as well xx
    Try those they make big difference on Quinn fussy/teething days xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

6. elouise123

Hi thanks for the replies! Today we had a good day after all that but tomorrow is another day :) I bought some nurofen today. I will get the granules too. She has been teething for a good 2 months maybe more but still no teeth! Last night she woke up at 12 and wouldn't settle again until after 2! I gave her some calpol and teething gel and she drank some milk and slept till 5...but I don't know if the calpol helped or the milk or just that she was knackered That conked her out :) I just can't tell

7. Drummers_wife

I can totally sympathise xx Quinns been the small for about a month or so and you can see the teeth pushing and the gums are bumpy but no actual teeth xx jus wish could take it all away xx

Quinn really struggles to feed when he's teething :(

8. elouise123

Oh yeah feeding is hard too! Before a month ago she was taking 5-8 ounces in a feed, now no more than 4 ounces so I'm feeding her every hour or so!

9. Drummers_wife

Yeah Quinn has dropped his intake constantly trying to get milk into him xx
    Gone from 5-6oz to 3-4oz xx