4mth old waking at 5.30 every morning?

Jo.1

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if other people have had this, my little one has just started waking at 5.30 on the dot every morning, if I put him in bed with us he sleeps again till 7.30 ish. So he's not hungry at 5.30am. He is teething so thought it might be that?
He doesn't cry I can just hear him wide awake and when I go in he just grins at me!
Is this normal? We have been lucky with him as would sleep through from 8-7.30 at 12wks
I suppose it changes all the time
Thanks

Savannah started waking in the night, aroubd the same time and like you said she would sleep in with us too. We brought a baby sleeping bag because she kept kicking the covers off and because she was cold it woke her up completley. We used it last night and she slept through until 8.30 only stirring once for her dummy but was so snug she went straight back to sleep.

hayley
X

When they're teething all routine kinda goes out the window.

My LO wakes between 4 & 7. Some nights he sleeps right through to 7. But he gets up, has a bottle & goes straight back to sleep.

Try re-settling LO in cot, rather than lifting out & putting LO in your bed (i know how tempting it is at 5 in the morning) but LO might get into a routine of getting snuggled with you & OH & might never want to go back to sleep in own cot, or go back to sleeping through.

:)

Yes I was worried about him getting used to it! I'll try that tonight, just trying to re settle him. He was so awake and playing this morn though! Ill try dummy and see how it goes.
I already use a sleeping bag with him so don't think he's getting cold although his hands are normally chilly in the morn but I can't do anything about that.
Thanks for your replies ladies

Savannahs hands were always freezing so we buy he baby grows from nothercare with the arms that fold over at the cuffs to turn into mits

Hayley I love those baby grows from m/care, my LO still scratches his face so we have to use mits constantly, but for last cpl days bn taking them off during day & keeping on at night. The mothercare ones are a god-send. We got a few packs as gifts but they're so expensive, do u know anywhere else that sells them?

:)

Sainsburys sell the sleepsuits with scratch mitts x

The next ones are lovely.

Aww no! We've been lucky there she's never been that much of a face scratc I just love them because they keep her hands snug!

Oh yeah they are great those ones, I had some next ones, can't use them with Everly now though as he sucks his thumb/chews his hands in the night so they end up sopping wet!
I settled him a lot better the other morn just with a dummy so must persevere!!! Hopefully he'll go back to 7-8 wake ups soon. Bad night with teeth last night poor baby!

Littlemiss, our babs are exactly the same age!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back