41 Weeks Pregnant

mollythemama

Reaction score
I'll be 41 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I'm so fed up. So many people around or after my due date have had their babies, I don't think there's anyone left on the February Mums board.

I don't even feel like I'm going to go into labour any time soon. I just feel so incredibly normal. Some days I feel really uncomfortable but other days I feel fine, like today - I'm so used to being big and pregnant that I hardly notice it now. I honestly think it's going to be the never ending pregnancy. Today I didn't even do any housework, not even clean any dishes and I just ate and ate and ate. I feel like I've given up on everything.

I'm being induced on Tuesday when I'll be 10 days overdue but I so want it to come naturally before that! But I honestly don't see that happening at all.

Fed up.

I know it's hard lovely, but just try to stay active. Spend time on a birthing ball and drink raspberry leaf tea. Your precious baby just isnt ready to come out yet. Good luck x

Oh how I remember this from last year. Also a Feb mum and my daughter arrived 9 days late. It was awful so I feel you.
The day I went into labour I spent hours upon hours upon hours walking around The Range. I mean literally all day. I was contracting randomly, braxton hicks more than anything... Until later that night... she was born 8:30 the next day.
I'm 34+2 weeks now and fed up already!!!

Don't shave, don't do any housework and plan a lovely meal out somewhere. Babes will soon make an appearance ;) xXx

I went 14 days over and for months had people drumming it into me Id go early.

Try not to think about it. Baby will come when its ready. Try use the time to rest whilst you can. I know you prob feel ready right now Ive been there, but enjoy every minute because you wont get this pregnancy back when baby comes.

I missed jackson inside me for ages and I spent 9months of sickness hell.

I hope things go naturally for you, I have no words or tips, I tried everythinggggg.

Good luck.

xxxx

I keep thinking of you Molly- you were so lovely on Feb mummys and it was fun that we were due at the same time. I really hope you get to cuddle your little one really soon and that you can avoid the induction as I know you're not keen. As someone said to my v overdue friend recently, no one's ever been 10 months pregnant....so it WILL happen soon! Good luck when it finally happens- hope it all goes really well and doesn't hurt too much xx

I know how hard this is!! The end is just brutal. I can not emphasize enough how much I can relate to how you feel.

When I was 41 weeks with my first baby, I posted on another forum about how exhausted and fed up I was. And another mama responded "I know it's hard, but I would have given my left arm to go to 41 weeks." Turns out she had had her baby at 27 weeks and the baby spent 5+ months in the NICU and has ongoing health challenges. It really put things in perspective for me. It's so hard to go "over"-- still, it is SO fortunate your baby will be big and healthy and SO ready for the world. Now my 41-weeker is 4.5 years old and that last month of pregnancy felt longer than the last 4.5 years!

You will be holding your baby before you know it, and then the time will fly. Trust me, I know, I've been there. Hugs.

I had my lb at 41+3.. Its horrible being overdue hun :( i really hated watching ppl go before me that were due after me! The nagging of friends and family 'is he here yet' and when you say no they reply with 'hell come when he's ready' .... No shit.. DON'T ASK THEN!!!!!!!!! Lol

I tried every 'myth' possible to get him out aswell! Nothing budged him lol!

Hope its not too much longer for u xxx

Last edited:
Oh Molly I do feel for you. I'm sure the next few days will drag but you will get there and if you do have to be induced it's honestly not so bad. A lot of people say they are worse but I had a positive induction and I know a lot of others who have had also and they have had better time of it then a natural. You will have your little baby soon and like others have said the time flies by then and they will be a toddler in no time!! Really hope it happens soon for you!! Sending labour dust your way Xxx

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who responded, they really are the words I wanted to hear. Kholl - that's such a good way of looking at things, I'm just being spoilt! I really am so grateful to have a big healthy baby that doesn't want to leave, it's just fattening up for the big wide world! :)

Ruby, that is so sweet - thank you! I am so pleased that you had such a beautiful birth and I hope you're enjoying your new life as a mama. How is it all going? I often notice you writing posts in the middle of the night lol!

But thank you all so much, I just wrote this post as a way to express how I was feeling I realise there wasn't really an open question, so I really appreciate all the kind words. Just got to hang in there I suppose, and have a positive outlook on induction. I just don't want to hurry him/her along if he/she isn't ready yet, that's my only concern.

I went 10 days over with my daughter and felt so completeley normal until 3 hours before I saw her for the first time :) ... Hang in there , I didn't want to be induced etc and my birth was as lovely as it gets X

I was 9 days over with my last son...he was due end of January but wasn't born till February which made it feel even longer. Can completely sympathise with you, just try and occupy yourself and know that baby will be here any day xx

Aww Molly- almost there! I'm having a lovely time with mine but it's hard work and nerve-wracking- so much responsibility over this sweet little soul! I'm so grateful for this forum as I've posted several times in the baby section (so weird leaving the pregnancy bit!) and the advice has been so quick and helpful. Can't wait to hear your news!!! Xx

Thanks everyone!! We finally had our baby girl Elke in the early hours of yesterday morning. She's absolutely beautiful, and we're very in love!

Ruby, so glad to hear you're getting on well. I know, leaving the hospital and crossing the road and driving little Elke home was perhaps one of the scariest moments of my life! So glad to be back home and in safety. I will see you in the baby section! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back