41 weeks and still standing....

emmimoo

Reaction score
I'm still here!

Had a sweep at 40+1, and a second one today.

I have been out doing 2-3 mile walks everyday for the last 5 days, have eaten obscene amounts of spicy food and pineapple, only thing the spicy food did was give OH diarrhoea!!
I have "flown solo" and tried nipple stimulation and warm baths, and so far nothing!

I am booked in for induction on 10th July (42+1) which my midwife is 100% convinced I will not need, not convinced myself!

Need this baby out by weekend as 30C predicted in my area over the weekend.

...oh, and to rub it in, work colleague who was 2 weeks behind me gave birth over the weekend! HELP!!

:wall2:

xx

Last edited:
Yikes! I'm 35 weeks and though I don't want baby to make an appearance for a few weeks, I'm feeling a bit fed up with being uncomfortable etc, so I can't imagine how you must feel at 41 weeks! Well done for managing 2-3 miles a day though. Hope baby decides to make an appearance soon.

Totally sympathise hun! I went 2 weeks over with Max and it really gets you down!
I was induced in the end and even then my cervix was still thick!!
I hope your baby doesn't keep you waiting much longer xx

oh you poor thing!! :( sounds like you have tried everythin as well!! .. have you been having your raspberry leaf tea from 37 weeks? and have you been havin plenty of sex!? lol personal question but they say this is spose be brill xx
also its mingin but try castor oil and reflexology :) these both worked for my friend x

Awww hun i thought i was the only 1 overdue atm.. And ur still a june mummy :(

I no ur pain! And im only 2days over!
Hope ur lil baba makes an appearance before induction xxx

Haven't been having raspberry leaf tea, had never heard of it until a last week and by then it was too late!
OH is point blank refusing the sex option, he reckons it will mentally scar him and has offered to pay someone!

Castor oil is the absolute last resort!

It's weird that for so many weeks I've been dreading the idea of being in excruciating pain but now I can't bloody wait!!

OH is point blank refusing the sex option, he reckons it will mentally scar him and has offered to pay someone!

Haha! Charming. My husband has been put off sex as well. He can't handle the fact that he knows the baby is there. He referred to the last time we had sex as a 'Mercy F***' Made me feel great!

I've heard castor oil only really loosens your bowels rather than anything else, so that may be one to avoid!

Haven't been having raspberry leaf tea, had never heard of it until a last week and by then it was too late!

Castor oil is the absolute last resort!

It's weird that for so many weeks I've been dreading the idea of being in excruciating pain but now I can't bloody wait!!

oh nooo :( have two-three cups a day see what happens! haha and oh my god it must just be my fellas sex drive that has stayed the same then lol the change in my body and belly and the fact a babys in there has not bothered him in the slightest! i feel tight on him half the time cuz i seriously hate sex at the min xx

My friend went into labour a week early and she swears it was because she really vigorously swept her outside steps!
Basically as mean as it sounds you need to make your baby as uncomfortable as possible in there!
So scrubbing the floors on all fours/sweeping etc!!!
Fingers crossed its soon for you! Xxx

Yikes! Fingers crossed something happens soon for u xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Fx for you hun! I'm screwed if you need to do exercising as can't due to the spd, hope I'll be able to keep up the yoga. Have you tried bouncing on a gym ball? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back