41 weeks and fed up :( UPDATE :)

LuciaLeek

Reaction score
Just a little whinge really :(
I feel very alone in being this bloody overdue! I know a few ladies recently went to 41 weeks too but they seem to have had their babies on the 7th day over. It is now midday and I don't have any signs today :(
I was getting niggles last night and lost bits of plug yesterday so was hopeful but this morning not a thing :(
I've just had my 41 week appt with the midwife and, again, the sweep couldn't be done as my cervix is so far back. She said it was soft and she could get inside the outer part but the inner part was still pretty closed...this is my second baby too so was hoping to be a bit more open.
I've tried lots of things to get things going...sex, nipple stimulation, clary sage, walking, sideways upstairs, 2 sweeps, curry etc but still no joy!
The midwife gave me my appointments for Friday - I need an ultrasound, ctg monitoring at the main hospital and another s+s at the birth centre after. She said that they will also give me a provisional induction time for next Tuesday too.

Sorry for the pointless moan-just feeling really down about it all now.

I hope everyone else is feeling ok :)

*** Erm...I had my baby!!! Ha ha!! My unsuccessful sweep maybe wasn't so unsuccessful after all!!

Baby boy, 9lbs born 18th June at 21:42 (Australia) after a 3hr 10ish minute labour at the family birth centre! No drugs at all...what a difference compared to my DD almost 2 years ago!!***

Last edited:
Ohhh hunny moan away.. I do! It defo helps to get it off ya chest!
I'm only 39+3 today, but I've already had 3 sweeps (As buba is measuring small and I have horrendous SPD - Super bad to the point where I was in hosp over night last night - I posted on here with a full explanation if interested lol) I've tried everything too..

- Raspberry leaf tea (3 cups a day since 37 weeks)
- Raspberry lead capsules (6 a day since 37 weeks)
- Sex
- Nipple stimulation
- Curries (Starting with madras & getting hotter)
- Fresh pineapples including core blended & drank (at least 2/3 a day)
- Curb walking (One foot on path, one or road to tilt hips)
- Wandering around supermarkets (So I could hold trolly for spd pain)
- Up & down the stairs constant anyway for a wee!

Still no luck either! I have an induction booked for sunday but guna speak with consultant/registrars today on there rounds before I get discharged to see if they can bring it forwardx

Awww hun :(

Come on baby get moving!!!!! Xx

Oh my goodness Louise! Just read your other thread!
Glad to hear you managed some sleep and fingers crossed you'll get your induction a little earlier than planned!
I had awful SPD with my DD and had it earlier on alongside SJD in this pregnancy too! It's scary when your hips give way :(
The good news is that with earlier intervention with physios I'm no where near as bad this pregnancy! Fingers crossed you'll be ok in subsequent pregnancies too! :)

He's here! No name yet though! He was born 5 hours ago and it's 3:00am and I'm still on a high! Baby in cot on one side and hubby on the other both fast asleep at the birth centre! :love:

Huge congrats hunni, so glad baby finally decided to say hello and come out x x x

Soooo happy for you hun :)

Congrats again! xx

Wow what a complete turnaround! Haha! Congrats hun! Hope you are both well xxx

Yay, congratulations!!!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

aww congratulations hun! so glad he decided to come out for you ha

xxxx

Yay!! Fab news, congratulations hun. Bit of moaning obviously helped xxx

So brill! As said above.. your moan must have worked. :-D congratulations xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300