40+4, feeling down and depressed

Lea89

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just needed a rant really, pretty much reduced to tears as I type this.

I am 40+4 now, and because I suffer with anxiety my midwives have been nice enough to give me a sweep every 48 hours since due date, so I had my third this morning. Since then I have progressed to 2cm dilated, partially effaced, cervix very soft and forward, baby 3/5ths engaged (which for my second baby is apparently good), and each time they have said it “is promising”.
Saturday night had irregular non painful contractions and severe back ache and then Yesterday morning I lost my Mucus Plug, and it did have bloody bits in it. I have had more bloody “bits” since sweep this morning.
Anyway cut a long rambling story short - COME ON OUT BABY. I’m sat on my birthing ball drinking raspberry leaf tea. People due around me have had their babies, and the continuous texts I get asking “anything?” I can’t tell you how much I want to punch them.
I can’t stop getting upset. Anyone out there that can relate? Please? X

I’m due tomorrow and also have anxiety, sweep booked for Wednesday - even nervous about that!

I’m really fed up so you must be especially fed up! I’m struggling in the heat mainly and have had no signs at all. FTM so expecting it to be late but I’ve really had enough.

Sorry no advice but just another person who is fed up with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back