4 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding 15month old.

princessp

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just found out I'm pregnant with my second child. I am still breastfeeding my 15month.I am so happy to be pregnant although it happened a little earlier than expected but can't help but have a guilty feeling as to how this will affect my breastfeeding relationship. I still breastfeed my boy a lot, through the night and numerous times during the day. I do not wish to give up breastfeeding completely as it is such a comfort to my boy and it works wonders in getting him to sleep. I have thought about cutting back on the feeding now I'm pregnant as I don't want to have to do it once the new baby has arrived as that may affect him more. any advice welcomed.

U can feed them both chick. Goodluck and congratulations xo

I nursed my oldest child through my second pregnancy and then tandem nursed for 6 months. This time, my son was also 15 months when I found out I was pregnant. Now he's almost 20 months and I'm 25+3 and still nursing him a lot! I'm sure I'll be tandem nursing again... Let us know how it goes!

I'm in the same boat, bfing my 18 month old and 6 weeks pregnant. You're absolutely fine to feed, supply may dip a little or go towards the middle of pregnancy but some women dry nurse until it comes back...there's also a chance you'll get a bit of nursing aversion which isn't pleasant but is possible to get through.

Fingers crossed we're the lucky ones and can maintain supply! I'd love to tandem feed once baby no 2 is here :)

(Tri-hopping)

There are certainly some challenges in feeding a toddler while pregnant. During the first trimester and a little in early 3rd I found it very painful feeding my daughter and it has become increasingly hard to find a comfortable way to manage with a growing bump in the way.

She is still feeding at bedtime although I don't know how much milk she gets as she insists on having a cup of water alongside and she doesn't feed for very long anymore and tends to play silly games (her latest is to blow raspberries on my boob instead of latching on, which she finds hilarious, lol)

No idea how we're going to cope when baby comes along, whether she will want to feed more or less but we're just going to have to see what happens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back