4 weeks old, temp of 38.5

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Not sure what to do ladies. Harrison has seemed fine all day then he took a feed at 5pm for 25 minutes and since then has been very miserable & grizzly. I took his temp & it was 38.5c. He seems like he constantly wants to feed, but is full so is bringing it all back up. I'm thinking he may have a sore throat but not sure what to do about it..

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'd call nhs direct. As the baby is so young a nurse should call you back pretty much asap. He's probably got a little bug but it's worth having a chat with a nurse as you cant use calpol to bring his temp down as he's too young (I think). Xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Give NHS a call they r fab for advice x

Definitely phone nhs they've been so great with Spencer I think I've phoned about 5 times with various problems and never made to feel like I'm bothering them x

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Yeah correct have to be over 2 months to reduce Fever because you can only use it when they get their immunisation. Think it's 3 months for anything else. Because any babies under 3 months should be referred to a doctor if they are sick.
As the other lAdies said I would call nhs 24 xx

We had to take him up the walk in centre, they took his temp and it was 38.8 but they didn't seem to bothered, check in his ears and throat and couldn't find anything suspicious. Just got to keep an eye on him over night, and see how it goes. He fell asleep in his car seat on the way home and I was a bad mummy and just let him sleep in it once we got home, so he got a good hour, and seems a bit more settled now. Just checked his temp and was 38.1 so seems to be coming down x

Glad tp hear he was seen and his temperature is coming down!! Xxx

Ohh glad its coming down and the drs dnt think its anything of a concern. FX itll continue to get back to nomal temp.

Its horrible seeing them poorly isnt it.
Noahs not a happy boy today either :( xx

Glad the temp is coming down x

Well he seems much better this morning. He had more sleek last night then he's ever ever had. Went from 10-2 then 3-7, couldn't believe it! I was sat up watching him from 1am and in the end I woke him as I was getting worried haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back