4 month old not feeding well :(

Zal88

Reaction score
He's had 4oz since 4pm up until 11pm. That's defintely not normal! I breastfeed but I went out so he had a bottle of expressed milk. I don't understand why he's not eating like normal. Anyone been through the same thing? Xx

Does he seem okay in himself?
It could be that he's feeling a bit under the weather or maybe his teeth are bothering him?
If he seems fine in himself - happy, no temp, not overly sleepy etc, I wouldn't worry too much. Ethan's always gone through fits and starts with his milk. Some days he's a lot hungrier than others.
If he was hungry, he's take it hun but I'd just keep an eye on him today and generally see how he is

Xx

How much does he normally take via a bottle when your out? Could he be reverse cycling? Did he make up for it later? X

Is he used to drinking from bottles? I bf my lo who's 15 weeks and she hates drinking from the bottle if I need her too and won't take as much.

This is a daily thing for my LO but it's his reflux that stops him from wanting to drink

He usually has 4oz every 2/3 hours and he's used to bottles. He didn't really make up for it after either which has got me even more worried and paranoid that he's not gaining weight. I don't know if he might be teething so that could affect his feeding? Hoping to go to Hv tomorrow so hoping they advise me. I don't really want to give him formula I as I want to continue breastfeeding but I feel guilty that he's not feeding well. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back