4 mnth sleep regression?? Or just hungry??

precious_cargo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Ellas started waking in the night but seems to go back to sleep after been fed/chabged etc she doewnt feel wet in her nappy. Is it sleep regression or is she just no longer satisfied by her bedtime feed?? X

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Sounds like sleep regression and growth spurt to me xx

She isnt really feeding more during tge day tho? X

Sleep regression. The feed etc obviously just helps her re settle. It's well documented that at 4months babies are learning how to sleep like an adult (e.g. Rem cycles etc). It's is NOT a cue that they need solids!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

How long will it last n what can I do to encourage a healthy/good sleep pattern if shes learning how to sleep x

For C it really was a case of riding it through. I spend time trying to get more of a ridged routine in place but C is a stubborn little thing and does everything in his own time. When I accepted that it made the whole regression experience more bearable.

How often is LO waking? The feeding will be down to comfort as there are so many developmental changes which can be so unsettling xx

How long will it last n what can I do to encourage a healthy/good sleep pattern if shes learning how to sleep x

How long is a piece of string??

It's different for everyone and basically theres not much you can do apart from ride it out. It will get better. It may take a few weeks though.

Xxx

Definitely sounds like sleep regression.. For us, it lasted two weeks. I know it's hard, but it won't last forever xx

She goes down about 8 and is waking about half 2 we try n soothe her in her cot she doesn't settle, I get her out n hug n rock with dummy in ( this works a treat during the day if shes tired) but no so I end up feeding her n she only takes 4oz max n falls asleep I dnt want her getting use to that feed x

If she's hungry, she's hungry. It's a growth spurt/ developmental thing and they are burning energy.

A baby of 4months hasn't learned to walk, talk, communicate, - theres no way they've learned to manipulate - "if I cry long enough I'll get what I want". - that wont come till much much later!!! If milk is what settles her it's milk she NEEDS! Xxx

She goes down about 8 and is waking about half 2 we try n soothe her in her cot she doesn't settle, I get her out n hug n rock with dummy in ( this works a treat during the day if shes tired) but no so I end up feeding her n she only takes 4oz max n falls asleep I dnt want her getting use to that feed x

I wouldn't worry about her getting used to feeding at night. If milk is the only thing that settles her, she's obviously hungry from that growth spurt she's having. I still feed Ethan in the night when he occasionally wakes up in the night (I do try teething granules etc first, and if he doesn't settle, he then has a bottle). They don't 'get used to it' though, and he goes back to sleeping through the night again.

xx

Elliott did this too and is just starting to miss his night feed again, he wasn't taking more during the day but started wanting a night feed which he had dropped by that point. I wasn't sure if it was a growth spurt or due to development but I just did what he wanted to (no fun and games at 3.30am) to get him back to sleep and ive started feeding him about 5pm (7oz) and then again just before he goes to sleep so about 6.45 (as much as he wants to take out of a 7oz bottle) and he seems to be sleeping well again from 7-8pm till 6-7am as I guess he has a full belly. If he does wake its for his dummy rather than food now, this seemed to work for us but each baby is different...

I think my daughter is going through this too! She turned 4 months this past week but has been waking in the night from about 3 weeks ago when she went through a big growth spurt! Before that she would sleep 7 hours plus every night from 5 weeks old!

I am exhausted as she doesn't sleep much in the day! She wakes up from wind, if she needs a poo or for an ounce or 2 of milk then back to sleep hopefully! Some nights she wakes up and I can't get her back to sleep for hours! It's been almost a month keep hoping it will pass soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back