4 day headache!

fairyprincess

Reaction score
As the title says, this is the 4th day of my headache now. It started off as a migraine and I was sick a few times (which has never happened to me before), then the headache just won't go!

I've tried paracetamol, sleeping, cold and warm flannels, drinking fluids. Should I be concerned and mention it to MW? X

I would perhaps give mw or gp a ring in case its blood pressure related. Its probably not and you are fine but I would get it checked just to make sure x

I had this and I just booked to see the nurse and got her to check my blood pressure and I took a urine sample with me. All was ok but always worth checking. I was told I could take codeine but I didn't want to so just had to ride it out. Hope you feel better soon

Ok, thanks ladies. I am concerned about BP cos of my PCOS and I'm overweight. Will give MW a ring x

Poor thing. I did suffer from a continued headache, it must have lasted about 3 weeks, down the back of my neck and round the sides. GP said it was stress and tension, I was really worried though xx

DH gave me a massage last night, my shoulders and neck were so tense and my headaches gone! Must have been tension. I think I'm sleeping funny trying not to sleep on my back x

DH gave me a massage last night, my shoulders and neck were so tense and my headaches gone! Must have been tension. I think I'm sleeping funny trying not to sleep on my back x

This is why I see a chiropractor and sometimes get deep tissue/sports massage, keeps meon top of getting this bad.

I'm lucky one way, almost never sleep on my back, always on my sides.

Glad it's improved.

Lxx

Thanks hun, been looking into getting a pregnancy massage to ease some of the tension x

Jesus sports massages are brutal but so good for the old muscles.

Glad the headaches gone but id def mention it.

You should be fine sleeping on your back until the later stages or tri 3 atleast, side is always best for blood flow.. Even then im a tummy sleeper or side and towards the end on my back propped up is how id find myself. Must have been comfier, but everything was fine.

A pregnancy pillow might help for good positions at night, i used my v shaped feeding pillow and it worked wonders.

xxxx

Last edited:
In both my pregnancies I've seen a chiropractor fairly regularly which sorts out the terrible tension I get in my neck that causes headaches and migraines. My experience with a pregnancy massage was awful - felt like I might as well have just burned the money, the woman was no good at getting me a comfortable position and applied so little pressure it was useless for actually solving anything. Has put me off entirely x

I would deffo mention this to midwife as could be related to blood pressure and therefore a symptom of pre-eclampsia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back