4 and a half months gone - worrying about things!!

bagpuss

Reaction score
:) Hello all!
This is my first proper post on this forum,sorry if I waffle on too much!

I am 34 and only found out recently that I am 4 and a half months pregnant with my first child.To be honest,I never thought I would be able to carry - I have been with my partner for 15 years,have an active sex life,and have never used contraception.I have also suffered with my periods ever since I began them at eight years old,so this pregnancy is special to me(as it is for the majority of women)

The reason I didn't realise is because I bled during what was the first two months of my pregnancy,and coupled with period type pains and symptoms I thought nothing of it.
This meant that I carried on doing everything that I normally did,which is where my concerns and worries begin.

I drank alcohol as normal - usually a couple of glasses of wine every night and maybe a can of lager to follow.
I have 10 cats, who need their litter trays cleaning regularly - I never wore gloves to do this.I have 3 dogs,and numerous other pets who also need cages cleaning.
My hobby is gardening, so my hands are usually filthy,and I thought nothig of wiping the sweat from my face with these dirty hands.It never bothered me that I had a mouthful of dirt because of this!!
My doctor and midwife said not to worry as I can't undo these things that I have done,but I am worried.I can't stop thinking about anything that may have happened.
I cut down on my alcohol when I found out I was expecting - maybe 1 small glass of wine every other day, I have now stopped altogether.I wear gloves when cleaning my animals out, and I've stopped the gardening for a while.

I suppose I just need some reassurance from someone,maybe someone has been in the same situation.I just need to put my mind at rest and concentrate on my bump now!Any thoughts?I would be so grateful.
Bagpuss :) (Sorry it was long)

What a wonderful suprise for you Bagpuss! Congratulations its a wonderful journey is'nt it?? How very amazing that after 15 years you are able to have a baby, i am so happy for you.

With regards to all the things you did before you knew, i think every person on here has at one time or another done something they worry may harm your baby, i absolutely love my very runny boiled eggs from my little hens in the garden and have eaten loads which you're not meant to, i just can't resist. As you can see from the announce your new arrivals section, all the babies arrived safe and well! The fact that you've cut out the alchohol shows you are being sensible and thinking ahead, well done!

You can't change the past and i am sure your 20 week scan will tell you all is well. And as for the dirt in your mouth, you wait until they're 2 years old the mud pies do no harm to them at all, yuk!!!

Try not to worry and enjoy this magical time, stress is not good for you and the baby!! :D

Hi bagpuss,
Im sorry that you are feeling so worried just now. If it makes you feel any better I had 4 cats when i was pregnant and everything was okay.
These things that happened are done and cannot be changed and I am sure that you are going to have a healthy baby who will love having 10 furry friends.
I hope you feel a bit better soon

Laura.

hi ya
i didnt find out i was preggers till i was 22 weeks through the same reason (periods) i to did and ate aload of thing i wasnt ment to - apart from alcohol as i dont drink (sadley i am allergic) anyway i really worried bout my baby if i had damaged him wot ever by not noing and i was so worried the scan didnt pick anything up but i thought it may be wrong - but luckily my son is fine and a very happy baby
this also happened to someone at work and her child is fine to

Awww bagpuss this baby obviously chose this time to be concieved and regardless of everything Im sure it will b fine, have u had a scan yet?
There is so much emphasis on whats right and whats wrong....and these things change daily!
Just look forward to this little mirical you are carrying!
And a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggg congratulations!

:D Thanks to all for your replies - I must admit I do feel a little better now!
I think that I am more worried about the toxoplasmosis than anything else,and all this coupled with the fact that I have missed out on all the tests for Downs and everything else because of finding out so late into my pregnancy is just making my mind work overtime.

I am just so glad that I found this forum!!
Bagpuss :D

:D Sorry,me again! In reply to fayebalina, no I haven't had a scan yet.
I am booked in for the 16th of January, hoping this will put my mind at rest :)
Bagpuss

Hi Dionne,

The midwife has given me a date of 22nd May,but that may change when I have my scan :)

:D That's great,Dionne!! I hope everything goes as you wish!!

A belated CONGRATULATIONS !!! Bagpuss. I believe everthing happens for a reason & when the time is right.Obviously your time has come, so do try & enjoy it & not worry too much. Just believe you are being looked after. Lorrie :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back