4/5 engaged!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by redbear, Jan 3, 2012.

1. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

Since Thursday the baby has become engaged... only 4/5 but still its scary!
    I felt less pregnant and that must be why because baby has moved down so is less in my belly. Also explains the bad leg pain i had last week, i wonder how long it will take to get to 1/5 :D:D

2. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Ooooooh, exciting!!!!

3. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

Woohoo!! Exciting! :)

4. redbear

I dont think it makes a difference really they can go from not engaged to fully when they want really or could go backwards, but its sort of nice to think its going in the right direction. :)

5. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

That's great news things seem to be moving in the right direction for you......how exciting !

6. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

yay - my mw said i was 4/5 engaged when i went to see her last week. So quite glad and excited little one knows the way out!! haha x

7. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Good news Hun! Just been to my midwife app and been told I'm 3/5 engaged! :) xx

8. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

Sounds very promising they wouldn't bother measuring it if they meant nothing.

I was 1/5 at 31weeks I didn't take much notice that's nothing, I wonder if it'll improve at my appointment next week? Somethings changed for sure.

* from my bb phone xx*

9. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

At what appointment does MW begin looking for things like this? Mine's started measuring my bump, but that's about it. Next appointment isn't til 11th Jan

10. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

My MW checked at my 32 week appt hun but i think its all part of checking position of baby. Which mine has always done but its easier now. x

11. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Ohh so my appointment on 11th should hopefully involve this? At my last appointment on 21st December she just measured my tummy and checked heartbeat. I asked if she could tell what position LO was in, so she had a little feel and said 'His head seems low, but your scan later will tell you' and left it at that like it wasn't too important. Scan showed me he is transverse and has been ever since though :( just hope he turns!

#11 Rachel1509, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  12. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

That's great news x

13. kerry5a

kerry5a Well-Known Member

At 34 weeks Henry was 3/5 engaged. Got my next appointment on Friday..wonder if it would have changed?

14. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

Oohh... Just read this! I just had a 34 week appointment and am also 3/5 engaged... Was panicking a bit, but sounds normal then! :) good luck for your next appointment! X

15. redbear

In your notes it should say what position they are in and if they are 'free' ... this is the first week its been 4/5 not free... they have been checking for weeks i think! I have appointments with the hospital on the 17th to let me know my induction date if i haven't given birth by then (due 19th) so they must be expecting me to go to 40 weeks... but at least i know baby is heading the right way! x

16. reillybaby1987

reillybaby1987 Well-Known Member

ooohhh how exciting :D all these baby watches to do xx

17. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

I could suddenly do the middle button up on my coat today that I've never been able to since I got it at least 6 weeks ago. I wonder if that means something?

18. JoJo79

JoJo79 Well-Known Member

Hi all my mw said at 32 wk check bubs was 4/5 and head down think he's moved now tho xx

19. redbear

Well my belly seemed to disapear slightly and was more floppy and less solid, because its moved down so is less in my stomach so it could be a sign!
    Hopefully it won't move because im 38 week tomorrow so not long left for it to start messing about lol x

20. My1stBaby

My1stBaby Well-Known Member

I had a consultant appt at 26 weeks and she said head was 5/5 engaged.... is that not pretty early to be engaged???

He's been breech the whole time (even at 25 weeks) and he's obviously now fancying hanging upside down for the first time. Just didnt expect him to be engaged this early on..

xx