4+5 Bleeding and panicking

Serenata6174

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Yesterday, I rushed myself to E&E as I had some red bleeding that stopped this morning. My blood test was showing 38000 hcg last night and this morning I ve been sent to have a vaginal scan to check if I have miscarriged. The scan for my suprise has shown twins in two yolk sacs still in my womb but the midwife said that there was no heartbeat. She said it still could be a miscarriage but she cannot say for sure as it is quite early stage but the sizes of embryos look like I am week 6. She was not very promising. I have lost the earth under my feet since yesterday and I do not know what to do. I got pregnant through IVF - ICSI by a frozen embryo transfer and everything up to now was lloking very promising. Does anyone had a similar experience? Can anyone advise?

If it's an ivf pregnancy your dates are definitely right and you are 4+5 not 6 weeks. You wouldn't expect a heartbeat or even an embryo at 4+5. It sounds fairly positive. Good luck xx

This is what I am thinking and I told her but the midwife told me that she has an experience of 5 years scanning and my bleeding could be alarming of miscarriage. She said she didnt want Me to get my hopes high. I am trying to be positive.

Try an remain positive if you can. I have no experience with IVF but I know worrying won't do you any good and I think it was mean of her to say she didn't want you getting your hopes up. She could have just said that if your dates are right then in a couple of weeks you should be able to see heartbeats. My fingers are tightly crossed for you lovely, please keep us updated. I'll be thinking of you! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back