3yr old smothers 6 month old baby!

Hypnorm

Reaction score
Just read this in our local news.
Mum left baby in a play ring whilst she went up to have a bath, her three year old daughter climbed in and smothered the baby, mum thought every thing was fine as the daughter kept coming upstairs....

Never leave your baby unattended!

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... K=19173562

That is just awful! I can't even begin to imagine what the family must be going through.

I do wonder though, would you go up and have a bath and leave your children unattended for that amount of time? If I had to have a bath or shower I would do it when the children had gone to bed or take them with me. Not judging or anything just saying it isn't something I would do!

missac said:
That is just awful! I can't even begin to imagine what the family must be going through.

I do wonder though, would you go up and have a bath and leave your children unattended for that amount of time? If I had to have a bath or shower I would do it when the children had gone to bed or take them with me. Not judging or anything just saying it isn't something I would do!

I agree with you there. I know I only have Harrison but even if I need a quick wee I put him in his cot incase he touches something he shouldnt or hurts himself.

I cannot begin to imagine what that family are going through, or how that lil girl is going to be treated now :cry: My thoughts are with them all.

Princess_Puddles said:
or how that lil girl is going to be treated now.

I wondered that too, I just don't know what emotions they are going through :(

oh god that is awful. That poor little girl...imagine when she gets older and finds out that when she was a toddler she accidentally killed her brother! I wonder if she will even remember what happened? Oh it's just so awful!

I would never have left them alone though...I never take a bath when I am alone with the kids, I always do it when DH is there to watch them. Lydia has a habit of absent mindedly trying to sit in Alex's chair without watching to see whether or not he is in there. She would never ever intentionally hurt him, she loves him to pieces, but I can definitely see that she could accidentally squash him as she's so darned absent minded. She's elbowed him in the head before and sat on his foot...not meaning to, but things happen even when I'm there to watch them. I can't believe that mother left them alone!

Thats awful, i never leave any of mine alone without another adult in the room

it is tragic..imaagine when they little girls gorws up and finds out what she's done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back