3rd degree tear

kaz1983

Reaction score
Hi ladies

As title suggests im wondering those of you who had a 3rd degree tear how u felt afterwards ive bn doing my exercises to tighten everything up but ive started panicking that something isnt right down thete tho think im just paranoid

I feel like things are starting to knit together its hard to describe as its not sore an im able to poop ok

Got my 6week check bak at hospital end march and also to see a physio to make sure everything is healing and im not leaking i know ive had two kids but i hate getting examined im such a woose can anyone advise ?xx

I had a2nd degree tear, but quite deep and had a mass of stitches. For the first couple of weeks I was paranoid I wasn't healing well, but after a look with a mirror, although I was swollen everything looked ok. Every time my midwife came round I just got her to check which put my mind at rest. Keep on with your excercises though Hun xx

Midwife offered to look bug tbh she wasny nice rather patronising (newltly qualified) it feels like a tugging sensation which i think i had the first time tho stitches were for an episiotomy which id askd for this time but they had no time to do it as she shot out like a rocket !! Im clenching doing my exercises at every opportunity an i think if stitches had burst id know more about it im jus petrifued its one big hole down there lol i tried to have a feel in the shower but cudny bring myself to do it i think im expecting too much from myself to b healed an bleeding stopped as its only bn two weeks since i gave birth xx

That pulling is probably where your healing and the stitches are pulling Hun. If you get really worried maybe see the doctor? I wouldn't want a patronising woman looking at my bits that's for sure!! And give yourself a chance- your only 2 weeks out, you've got at least another 4 weeks of healing to do 😘Xx

Yeh its not sore and the fact i can go for a poop no bother is reassuring me - i do think its gonna take a long time to heal not so much physically but mentally this time as it was so stressful and had so many issues with my health then the fast birth

Thanks hun for your reply xx

I had some tugging and itching sometimes.

Steep yourself in arnica oil or tcp in the bath daily, or twice daily if needed. And put some witch hazel on your mat or sanitary pad. To help itching and tugging.

I had a 2nd degree tear and epiostomy and healed within 4w.

Good luck hun. And keep up with ibuprofen if you can for anti inflammatories.

xxxx

Last edited:
I had episiotomy with my first and two 2nd degree tears with my second. All wounds healed quickly but I was incontinent for a good few weeks after my daughter. Everything did heal naturally - lots of pelvic floor excersies will really help. I also dabbed warm water on the tears/stitches each time I went to the loo.

I got checked after my son but no one even asked if I wanted to be checked after my daughter - not at 5, 10 day or 6 week check and if asked I would have said yes as I got checked after my son was born and it really eased my concerns.

All the best :)

Thanks ladies i think im just panicking as id hate to have to hav anymore surgery i feel iv bn abandoning my family all the times ive bn in hospital

Saturday wasnt a gd say as i cudnt poop then wen i did it was rather sore and there was blood but all gd now tho i googled complications after a 3rd degree tear an omg i made myself worse

Im drowning myself in water an taking lactulose everyday all is gd today just carrying on with pelvic floor exercises xx

Ok ladies can i ask that did u find that ur bleeding from the front was more prominent after you had a bowel movement? Cos ive googled im now thinking something is not right but surely if stitches had burst id know more about it ?they sed signs of infection would b me feeling unwell but im just tired from lack of sleep an my chest infection is getting btr xx

I can't say I noticed more bleeding after a number 2 Hun but I didn't really pay attention. I know it's abit grim but have u had a look with a mirror? If your really worried go & see your doctor xxx

I want to brave it and have a look but cannot facd it feeling more relaxed as spoke to gp and physio who ive to c in a few weeks she reassured me that although it was a 4rd degree tear it was a 4a which has minimal internal damage and very few stitches etc

Thanks for your advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back