3rd baby club

Lynds77

Reaction score
I still can't quite believe we are having #3!
When this baby is born I will have a 4yr old, 2yr old and a newborn. I will also be 40! I was planning on running a half-marathon on my 40th birthday then going and getting shit-faced.
Seems fate has other plans for me. This baby is the result of a drunken fumble and was the 1st time we had had sex in months (usually a little person in our bed, and I just can't be bothered)

Thankfully we still have a garage full of baby stuff, and if it's another girl we will be sorted.

However I am pretty terrified of having 3 kids so young. I had a touch of PND with #2 and suffer with anxiety and stress induced back pain. I have been managing fine with Prozac and the odd gin. But now? Eeek.

Anyone else a bit scared? X

Congratulations! My third is 5 weeks old and my older 2 are 4 and 2! It's hectic and wonderful :)

Wow! You have your hands full too.

What have you don't for a pram and car seats? My two still rear face but I doubt I will fit 3 seats in the back of my Mazda 3!

Im 17 weeks pregnant with my third, my other 2 are 10 and 3! So ive got 2 ready-made little helpers :) x

Im currently 22 weeks pregnant with no.3 and still am in shock. We were planning on waiting till August to try but a similar thing happened to us and now Im expecting my 3rd little nutcase. This pregnancy has gone so fast and I still feel like im only a few weeks pregnant.
We have a Ford Galaxy so car seats space is fine. We are still rear facing too and have a cybex sirona, an axkid minikid and a maxi cosi cabriofix. For buggies, I recently nabbed a 2nd hand bargain for £50 - Mountain Buggy +1. My oldest walks good distances so she's fine.

Kholl, that will be our age gaps too! How have you found it so far? I found the transition to 2 kids so difficult so Im bricking it slightly!

SophD what lovely age gaps! Do they know about the new baby?xxx

Think we are looking at a new car too. We have a Klippan Triofix recline and the minikid in my car. Joie tilt in hubbies.

Am thinking about a double pram but I wore Cora in a sling a lot so I will probably just do the same this time. Maybe get a 2nd hand pram that takes the car seat on top for when we are out eating or clothes shopping or whatever.

It's definitely taking a bit more thought this time around! X

Not in the 3rd baby club (yet) but I've been giving it a bit of thought

We are very central so don't currently have a car which eliminates that issue.

There would be a 2 year + age gap so we'd just use our current pram and toddler would go on a buggy board.

As I have one of each I have all that I need really so could do number 3 quite easily and cheaply. Except of course we'd have to move lmao.

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Congratulations!
I am not in the baby number 3 club yet but hope to be next year some time. OH has said no just now but is not against the idea so I am holding out.
I have sold a lot of my stuff but will get a new pram and car seat for number 3.
We have 2 girls so I would be sorted in that aspect for clothes.
I've been told having a 3rd isn't a big difference to having two...

CARNAT! Hello! Hope you and the kiddies are well? I didn't think you would consider a third!x

Oh hello mrsw - long time no see lol!!!

Had a danger poke about 14 days ago so testing tomorrow!!

It's got me thinking.... number 3 could be a possibility (even if I'm not El preggers already)

Lovely to see your name. We are good - life is hectic but never a dull moment. How are the girls?

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We're expecting #3 too! I'll have a 5 and a 3 year old to help...! We have an SMAX so we're sorted car wise and I too have got a carrier which I used loads before, and imagine I will use loads again on the school runs etc

Prob need to get another pram of sorts though... Prams and buggies have got so high tech since I was doing this the first time! X

I didn't even think about prams and car seats until I saw this post! Argh! If this little bean sticks around then I will have a 4 (almost 5-) year old and an almost- 2-year old and a new born . We must all be bloody crackers haha. I'm definitely a bit scared Lynds you aren't the only one. I figure our life is noisy messy and child centred already,one more will just fit in! I'm thinking I probably need a new car though. Will check out some of the recommendations on here so thankyou! Xx

Last edited:
Lynds so funny I had a mazda3 hatchback for 12 years, I loved it sooooo much, never would have given it up but we just needed a bigger car, during my last pregnancy I traded it in and bought a Toyota Sienna (minivan). I LOVE it. Never thought I could love a minivan!

Oh and the Diono Radian RXT fits 3 side by side in any car. They are the best car seats out there. We love ours!

Transition from 1-2 kids was horrific for me so I was very worried... somehow going from 2-3 has been infinitely easier. A lot has to do with your baby's temperament. My second was colicky and had severe reflux... he remains the most demanding now- much more so than the baby!!

I'm expecting number 3! have a 3 and 7 year old already :)

Carnat, I will keep an eye out on the boards for an announcement...

The girls are brilliant! They play well together (most of the time) and are coming on loads. We just had Erraid's second birthday, I can't believe how fast time is going!x

You know what I am finding the hardest so far? Protecting my poor boobs and belly.

I hadn't realised just how often my two knock me about the place. It's flipping agony! And of course as I wince or yelp they get upset realising they have hurt me.

So far this morning had the wee one bounce on my belly and an elbow to each tit. Ought.

Oooh CARNAT, you are broody again :)!

#3 is due in December. DD will be just over 3.5 and DS almost 2 when this one arrives. We are definitely crazy :). Couldn't do it without loads of help from OH. OH has been talking about a 7 seat car. DD already goes in her chair in the front so it will be okay to start with but once the baby is in a bigger seat its going to be a squash. I am not small and a car seat seems to take up more space than a normal person so I am going to have trouble squeezed in with two in the back. We don't really need to buy anything for baby becuase we still have everything for a boy and a girl.

Last edited:
Congrats! Second baby here! I'm also on Prozac, I was wondering if you've been told to come off it due to being pregnant? I haven't been to my doctors yet and feeling a little anxious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's funny...

Baby #1 drops the soother on the kitchen floor, and Mom races to the sink to rinse it under hot water. Baby #2 does the same thing, Mom gives it the 3 second rule..just blows on it and sticks it back in Junior's mouth!

Been there, done that.

Congrats! Second baby here! I'm also on Prozac, I was wondering if you've been told to come off it due to being pregnant? I haven't been to my doctors yet and feeling a little anxious!

I just stopped taking it. I was on the lowest dose anyway so tapering down or coming off it gradually wouldnt have been possible.

I am feeling it though, much more short tempered with the kids and everything the hubby says or does pisses me off!! I have midwife on Friday so going to ask her if I can take it again. I hate myself like this, I am a much better wife and mother when I am on Prozac

I just stopped taking it. I was on the lowest dose anyway so tapering down or coming off it gradually wouldnt have been possible.

I am feeling it though, much more short tempered with the kids and everything the hubby says or does pisses me off!! I have midwife on Friday so going to ask her if I can take it again. I hate myself like this, I am a much better wife and mother when I am on Prozac

Thank you for your honest opinion, I'm on the highest dose so not too sure what will happen yet.. doctor said it should be fine to stay on but I'm going to check when I have my booking in appointment xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back