3d scan

AllyBally

Reaction score
Hi all!

I had a growth scan the other day (all fine) and during it the sonographer flipped it to 3D much to our surprise. The baby is apparently quite far dowm in my pelvis already (37+4) and she said at this stage the baby is pretty squished.

Im mainly freaking out now because the babys head looks like it has some large growth on it?! The sonographer said there were lots of overlying structures hence why we couldn't get a clear view. But now im being irrational and worrying incessantly.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks

I've had 3D/4D scans with both my girls and each time I've been disappointed with the pictures (I've not bothered with one this pregnancy) - they're so unclear and all sorts of funny shapes/lumps/bumps/shadows/etc. Both my girls look perfect in real life!

I've had 3D/4D scans with both my girls and each time I've been disappointed with the pictures (I've not bothered with one this pregnancy) - they're so unclear and all sorts of funny shapes/lumps/bumps/shadows/etc. Both my girls look perfect in real life!

I definitely wouldnt do it again! Left feeling upset and worried. Surely if the sonographer thought it was a growth she would have said so?

I definitely wouldnt do it again! Left feeling upset and worried. Surely if the sonographer thought it was a growth she would have said so?

Nowhere near at this point yet but I would assume any kind of abnormality would be picked up on 2D also?

Yeah if the sonographer was worried about anything she would have said or got a second opinion.

A lot of us look at our scans and worry about something we have seen that the sonographer didn't notice or point out. But it's their job; they know what they're looking for and will have a much better idea than us.

We had a 3d/4d at 29 weeks. DS was perfect, but looked like he had lumps all over and I thought he was going to be really ugly as he looked like a really grumpy old man with a huge wide nose and strange lumps everywhere .. I worried about it also but kept it to myself.
His big flat nose was because he had his face pressed right up against me (she told us that at the time) but when he was born there were no lumps or bumps anywhere at all, he was perfect and really good looking for a baby.
Definitely don't worry about it, the scans can look rather strange!

We had a 4D scan at 17 weeks and although it was great seeing the detail of his little toes and fingers - he looked like he had a massive dent in the back of his head!! But in the 2D imaging scans his head was perfectly round and looked completely normal - and non of the sonographers have ever mentioned him having something wrong with his head. Like others have said I just think there’s lots of shadows and gaps in the imaging! I think the 4D technology has a bit of work to be done on it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back