3D scan today at 5:45pm - any tips?

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a scan today. Its the 1st time I am taking my 4 year old into the room with me, so that she can officially see her little sister in real time. Can anyone give me any tips to make it a really good experience for her?

I have been told to bring a fizzy drink and a chocolate bar, incase they can't get LO to move around. I just wondered if I should eat before I go in, etc...
If you know me, you'll know by now, that I am not a particularly confident person when it comes to scan - but I am hopefully going to make today really special for my lovely fiance and my beautiful little girl.

:hug: it will be amazing and I cannot wait to see pics. When we had our gender scan I had chocolate 30 mins beforehand and took one with me too xxxxxxxxx

Awww hon, I'm positive the scan will be magical for you! The only tips I have been told about scans is a very cold fizzy drink and a chocolate bar too. Particularly the cold thing as the change in temperature can encourage the LO to move. Sorry I can't be anymore help but I hope it's a great experience for all of you and can't wait to see the pics! xxxxx

I had a bar of chocolate and an ice cold diet coke from mcdonalds just before. We took Ben (aged 4) to our 4D scan and they had books, toys etc for him to play with so he didn't get bored as we waited for the image to appear. My husband held my hand to start with (I'm also not great with scans, after a succession of scans with Ben), once I'd relaxed he then took Ben over to the television screen and was pointing baby out to him, it was so lovely Ben was talking away to him and waved and gave him a kiss on the screen. It was lovely, but after 5 mins or so, Ben was bored so he went back off to play and me and Ian got to enjoy our little baby on the screen. Enjoy it!

it was so lovely Ben was talking away to him and waved and gave him a kiss on the screen. It was lovely

So so cute!!!!
awwww!!!

Can't really recommend anything to make it any better - I think it's all down to if your baby wants to co-operate or not. If LO doesn't want to, they should give you a chance to change position, have a drink of water and a walk round etc.

I hope it goes well - not long now until you have it, bet you're so excited :D
It's an amazing experience. Can't wait to see pics!

Last edited:
Aww can't wait to see pics of your little girly!! I am sure you will love it! I had mine on Saturday and was so lovely to see the LO's face :) xxx

Can't wait to see pics. I loved seeing my LOs face amazing experience x x

Hope it went well, looking forward to some pictures :) xxx

Can't wait to see piccies Hun, it's an amazing feeling isn't it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back