39 week midwife appointment and happy

Lulabell

Reaction score
After being told only yesterday baby was back to back, today that's not the case. Baby is as low as it'll go apparently. 2/5ths. According to midwife they only go lower then this when you go into labour? Baby is happy and in a good position. So now all I got to do is wait!

One confusion is my fundal measurement. I seem to have shrunk since Sunday? Lol. From 41 to 38.5cm. But midwife told me not to pay too much attention to it.

Next midwife app is my full term app but hoping bubs arrives before then. Doubt it tho. If its anything like me, it'll be fashionably late! Lol.xx

Awwww yay that's wonderful news! I hope this all means that LO is gonna come soon for you.

The fundal measurements seem to change quite a bit depending on who does them but I also heard that when the baby engages it does shrink a bit as the LO has dropped down (if that makes sense).

I'm not that keen on fh measurements and my mw said they aren't that accurate anyway lol. My sister shrank quite a bit the closer she got to labour. Hopefully it won't be long now for you :D xxxxxxxxxx

Yay glad you had a good appt. As the others said, i have been told after 35 weeks that the measurement isn't important as the bump drops due to baby moving down so its not accurate x

Great news!hope you dont have too long to wait now :) xx

Fab news... Fingers crossed LO doesn't keep you waiting too much longer! :) xx

I really am keeping everything crossed...well except my legs lol, that baby arrives sooner rather then later. But I feel much happier now. :) xx

What a fab appointment :)
Hope LO arrives soon for you :) x

Brilliant news hunny Lets hope your LO is early or on time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27