39+4 and so impatient :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Mum2bagain, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Mum2bagain

Mum2bagain New Member

Hey mums..
    So I'm due in 3 days but Stil have no signs of my lady coming out.. No plug loss, very minimal pains, can't sleep for toffee.. Sooo stressed just want her out. Midwife said today that baby is partly engaged and will give me a sweep on Thursday. Anyone know the likely hood of this working? I had a c-section with my 1st DD and was induced at 42weeks so this part of pregnancy is new to me..:(

2. beanie5

beanie5 Well-Known Member

I'm one day behind you and can say I'm just the same! Haven't got midwife until a week tomorrow so no chance if a sweep this week either. Sorry no idea about liklihood of it working just wanted to say you're not alone! :)

3. kellylou

kellylou Well-Known Member

I had two sweeps with ds 2nd one was successful as in my waters went but I still had to be induced and was 3 days later when he arrived via ems. Good luck u never know ot might just happen all of a sudden!

4. GemmGirl

GemmGirl Well-Known Member

Hiya. I can only sympathise with you I'm afraid. I'm 39&2 and desperate to have some signs of labour as I don't want a 3rd section. Hoping for vbac so wish bubba would make a move soon. I am due to have a sweep on Friday. Had them with my previous pregnancies but didn't manage to start anything for me I'm afraid. It's not comfortable but it reckon still worth a shot! If labour is imminent it will get things going. Good luck when the time comes.
    Gemma x