38wk app MW said Noah is engaged.. but i seriously think hes now breech!??

babyslog

Reaction score
Isit possible for them to turn if already 3/5 engaged??

I had a scan at 36wks which shown he was head down. and then MW app at 38+3 and she said hes 3/5 engaged.
But all week now ive had this lump just under my ribs to the right side and i can hardly sit up straight without it hurting or losing my breath.
I also get really sharp pains in my cervix which im now thinking could be his feet?!

Can this be his bum? as ive been told hes a long baby anyway, i just cant get it out of my head that hes now breech!?
Im 39+4 and worried now if i go into labour and hes the wrong way around and they dnt know!!!?

my MW is shit and non contactable unless i call drs ona thurs.
Would i call the hosp..?
I have a consultant app on my due date monday, do i wait till then??

Hes pushing against rib now and its not pleasant :( xx

Last edited:
Sounds really uncomfertable. My bambino has her feet tucked in under my right boob, and when she moves it hurts just under where my bra sits. Mw said to me at 34 weeks that baby was head down and that i would definitely know about it if she turned as it is a massive move for them. If Noah's big and was 3/5th engaged I guess he woudn't turn again but I'm no expert.

I've found that laying down or bouncing on my ball helps shift her slightly so its not so uncomfertable. If you're really worried though then call the hospital. xxx

Thanks hun. I was thinking id surely feel him turn! I get mega back ache and no hes still back to back cos hes always poking stuff out near my belly button. But cant work out hands or feet lol and with him being all squished in there his feet and hands are probs pretty close.

Hmmm.. not sure what to do really. xxx

I would wait until you see your consultant on Monday chick. If you go into labour over the weekend get them to check his position- although saying that I guess by that point it would be too late!! hmm perhaps you should call and ask what the possibility of them turning is xx

i thought the same with my baby last week but midwife confirmed she was engaged. I think itl be his bum and feet pushing up into your ribs, its so uncomfortable especially when your in the sitting position and cant stretch out. X

Ive had the issue of feet in ribs for months. But that all stopped.
And now i just get this big lump! Lol

I space if they find out he is and i go into labour they will try and turn him and if not then c section.
Nothing i can do anyway.

I dnt fancy a 565hr trip up the hosp tonight tbh lol. Think ill just wait till monday xx

Dani I had this exact thing, when I saw my mw I made her have a good feel because I get a perfect "head" shape right user my ribs, and it's so painful. I get lots of pokey bits out to the right but no kicks up high, so I was worried she was breech.

She had a feel as said its her bum, and it's normal for it to push so high up still.

So don't panic! Ringing the drs or hosp now wouldn't get u far is they'd just say wait til Mondays appointment, but I'm sure it's just a bum u can feel :) x

Thanks lau. Yeah i was guna say they'd do sod all today being friday evening so id have to wait till monday and i have consultant at 9.40am!
Ill just hold out and try and push his bum outta the way lol.

Hes spose to be long aswell so this is pros why hes still high up.
I just didnt trust my midwife cos every time she has a feel shes like ohh its so hard to tell whats what in here or ur placenta is covering him ??! Lol thanks for the reassurance!????
Ive just gone by scan at 36wks that he was defo head down, not felt a big pain to think hea turne really.
Just this lump and lop sided bump to the right lol xx

Thanks lau. Yeah i was guna say they'd do sod all today being friday evening so id have to wait till monday and i have consultant at 9.40am!
Ill just hold out and try and push his bum outta the way lol.

Hes spose to be long aswell so this is pros why hes still high up.
I just didnt trust my midwife cos every time she has a feel shes like ohh its so hard to tell whats what in here or ur placenta is covering him ??! Lol thanks for the reassurance!????
Ive just gone by scan at 36wks that he was defo head down, not felt a big pain to think hea turne really.
Just this lump and lop sided bump to the right lol xx

Yeah defo, it's hard to just put these things to the back of your mind but really there's nothing they'd do anyway, just turn him prior to delivery. To us mums tho we wana know everything is spot on and every detail of what's happening, so it's hard to just have to wait to ask these little questions. Don't panic tho huni xxxxx

I recon its his bum my baby has bum up by ribs and I too get pokey bits but growth scan and mw assure ke that baby is head down even if it doesn't feel that way so it's prob same for u hugs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back