37 Weeks pregnant, possible flu?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Oh god I really hope I don't have the flu..

Was feeling really shitty all of yesterday and then was up half the night with aching bones, headache & nausea. Now I've got diarrhea too :(

Don't have a stuffy nose or sore throat though, just feel like I've been hit by a bus and got a really dodgey tummy.

I didn't have the flu jab as I had horrendous flu at 13 weeks preg, and was told that once you've had it you are covered for the year until a new strain evolves.

Dunno whether I should phone midwife or not?

Think its best to call MW or GP for some medicine hin.

Hope it clears up swn! Ur moving ina few days!! Need u fit n healthy!! Spesh for Harrison.

Try to rest today if u can. Hate being ill :( xxx

Yeah think I might have to!

(TMI) - but I don't ever think I've had diarrhea this bad before..gross!

I literally can not be ill this week, there is too much to do!

On a similar note - I wonder what they do if you have flu & go into labour? Wouldnt it be dangerous for you to be around bubs?

Hope you feel better soon. Drink as much water as possible xxx

Yeah think I might have to!

(TMI) - but I don't ever think I've had diarrhea this bad before..gross!

I literally can not be ill this week, there is too much to do!

On a similar note - I wonder what they do if you have flu & go into labour? Wouldnt it be dangerous for you to be around bubs?

Ino.. I wasnt sure about this!?
Cos ir been rough as hell last week. Only starting to feel ok gain (minus the preggy swollen ankles and pelvis/back ache) but i had such a horrible cold and the coughs just going now.

Defo ask i u go to drs xxx

Awww sounds horrible. Ive never had flu, but could it be a stomach virus if you are going toilet lots? Sounds like a virus my OH had a few months back. He was really ill, but right as rain after a week.

Really hope you are feeling better soon xxx

O no :( not other ill July mummy ! Hope you feel better soon x

Midwife thinks its the start of my "clear out", apparently flu like symptoms are a common sign of early labour so we shall see!

She better not be getting my hopes up lol.

Just got to drink lots of water & ride it out... Eurgh!

Ohhh wish mine told me if could be a 'clear out' hahaha mine just made me go and see a gp inase i neede antibiotics which they bloody didnt haha!

Fx its a clear out!! ;) xxx

Well she said as I don't have a temp or sore throat or anything its unlikely to be flu.

So if its not a clear out then a tummy bug but I've not eaten anything suspect so I can't imagine it being that.

Fingers crossed ey!

I had that awful bug a few weeks ago didn't I, I was sooooo ill, it got to the point where I couldn't even sip water without it churning my stomach and making me run to the toilet. My advice is keep drinking as much as u can while u can, u don't wana get to the stage where u get dehydrated cuz I ended up in hospital for it :( and that was crap! Sip lots of water constantly and ice lollies too :) x hope u feel better soon huni, xxxx

OH has just drove all the way back from work in his lunchbreak to bring me sunny D & tomato soup lol. Bless him, he only gets half an hour so as soon as he finished his roll he had to go again but it was nice to be checked in on.

And the Sunny D is soo good. Don't think I can brave the soup though!

Sunny D is amazing! Hope you feel better soon, was thinking it could be your body starting to have a 'clear out' fingers crossed xx

Ohhh sunny d!! Mmmm :)

I always har tomo soup when im ill! With loads of bread lol. I only like it if im ill lol xx

I might have to try & eat some in a bit. Getting very hungry!

I jutt had a large bigmac meal with banana milkshake! Ohhh god it was so good lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back