37 week growth scan update

specialbump

Reaction score
had my growth scan yesterday for raised bim (43) now i have put just over 1 stone on so not too bad

baby was always on the bigger side but yesterday he droped under the centile and they flaged down a dr who then flaged down a consultant to see whats next.they want to re scan me in 2 weeks at 39 weeks if he still hasnt gained more they will induce a week early.he did weigh 6.lb 5oz in the scan but always been mesuring 2 weeks bigger only now he has slowed right down and they said if anything now he should be overly big its strange for the slow growth,

also i have anti K antibody and need cross matched bloods incase of a hemorage during birth and they will give me a cloting injection to prevent me bleeding out but after the birth i need 2administer some blood thinning jab for upto 2 weeks im cacking my pants,i know ladies with high bmi do this b4 the birth sometimes cant think what its called but i cant physicaly stick a needle in my self no way man!!

also as im high dependancy coz of the blood thing and bmi i cant do water birth as i knew already but this time will have 2 be straped onto the monitor contunuously :( i wont be able to be mobile and if i am mobile and the trace goes off they will put a clip on the babys head :( its all saftey i know im just scared now the finishing line is in sight and im a fanny with pain buti know i must stay home as long as i can bare as i have more chance of being mobile here than in there for quicker birth oh god.any advice tips ect?? xxxx

Big hugs hun. I think if you can buy a bouncy ball and hire a tens for the at home part and I think even on a trace you can sit upright rather than being led flat and that can help too make sure you eat where you can before you go to hospital to keep your strength up during labour and read all about breathing techniques to help you hypnobirthing may be for you even to help you? Also I think pack things like a fan and a flannel in bag so your birth partner can help you cool down. You can also use water at home a bath or shower can help before you go to hospital I think over all try not to worry and stress (easier said than done) as stressing will only cause you more adrenaline which inhibits labour so the calmeryou can be the better for you both that said iv never given birth before and am going by what iv been told at nct and by mw myself. I had a high booking bmi of 36 and no one has weighed me since so even tho the other problems have all been ruled out I'm still looking at a labour ward birth too :( which is a shame as I'd quite like the birth center and my actual weight now is actually over a stone less than booking in so I really wish they would go by that grr. Still it's for safety and I think as you say be positive and stay home as long as possible will help xxx beat of luck. I don't know much about the blood thing as its not something that affects me personally but hopefully someone else will have more info xxx

Oh hun I feel for you, Im in a similar position trying for a vbac and have been told that i need continuous monitoring. I said under no circumstances would i be left on the monitor for hours on end without being able to move and the posibility of mw not visiting quite as frequent. So was told they could put a clip on baby's head. Again not happy about that either.

I have hired a tens machine and it should be arriving today, sure hope it does as i've had pains all night. I'm also going to try and stay home as long as pos. I have a doppler so planning on keeping an eye on babys heartrate etc here. I know as soon as Im in hospital that will be it even if I were only say 2cm dilated. I had a bath this morning and found it no comfort at all though so even though i'd love a water birth Im taking some consolation that it may not be of any benefit to me.

After my last pregnancy i had to do the blood thinning injections and was told to inject into my own tummy area. Well I could put the needle in but then couldnt actually push the syringe, so had oh injecting it into my thigh which worked out better for me.

Not really a tip as you've got to do whatever you need to do to get baby out safely, but I'm planning on staying home as long as possible and on my birth plan I have stated intermittent monitoring of baby unless there as signs of distress, and they are to keep me fully informed at all times. Also I have said that if I have to have continious monitoring it should not be a substitute for good midwife care. Last pregnancy I ended up on the monitor for ages, they'd always say 'pop you on this and will be back in 15 minutes' then like an hour later they'd come and check - not having any of that this time.

xxxx

my lg had to be clipped during my labour cos of my bmi last time, they couldnt get a reliable hb monitor from external, it didnt hurt or do her any harm so dont worry about that :)
i have my consultant app in a few weeks about last babys size and the anaesthesiology app cos of my bmi on the 15th, im not worried cos i made it to 9cm on cocodamol and was active the whole time last time since they didnt check me for dialation due to waters breaking, this time i will deffo stay home as long as possible. things will work out fine hun just go with what you feel comfortable with :)

my lg had to be clipped during my labour cos of my bmi last time, they couldnt get a reliable hb monitor from external, it didnt hurt or do her any harm so dont worry about that :)
i have my consultant app in a few weeks about last babys size and the anaesthesiology app cos of my bmi on the 15th, im not worried cos i made it to 9cm on cocodamol and was active the whole time last time since they didnt check me for dialation due to waters breaking, this time i will deffo stay home as long as possible. things will work out fine hun just go with what you feel comfortable with :)

how do they attatch the clip to the baby ? and whats involved im scared now arghhh,

i intend on staying home as long as possible but i cant take codine.cocodamol im illergic i took 1 tramadol montsh ago ad was wiped out asleep for 12 hours that was only tramacet not full strong tramadol lol god knows how im going to cope

The clip is a small metal wire like a small biro spring, the metal electrode is then screwed into the babys scalp. Aparently doesnt cause any harm if done properly.

The clip is a small metal wire like a small biro spring, the metal electrode is then screwed into the babys scalp. Aparently doesnt cause any harm if done properly.

omg it must hurt the baby tho ? and what about babys soft spot?what if they screw the wrong place and cause brain damage oh jesus am i over reacting :roll::roll::roll:

I read up a bit about it last week and as always found some horror stories on google. But I cant imaagine it being used if what some of them were saying was true.

I read up a bit about it last week and as always found some horror stories on google. But I cant imaagine it being used if what some of them were saying was true.

i googled too some are horiffic storys but mostly american people.im hopefull its just difrent medical care over there and were lucky lol if its that much of a risk surley they would chop him out ?

Don't Google ladies.... Never a good idea with medical things! Discuss it with your mw or consultant who I'm sure will explain it properly. Xx

When applied it is placed where you can feel hard skull and nowhere near the fontanelle. It is sometimes tricky to go on so need to be patient that it is placed on correctly. It doesn't hurt the baby although they may get an acceleration as they do it. (same with an examination really as head being touched).
clip.jpg
This is a pic of a fetal scalp electrode you can see the ridges on the white that the mw places on her finger she then finds the hard skull gently places this against the head and on the other side is a tiny curved pin that the mw twists back and attaches to the scalp. Hope this helps, get her to show you before attached if you want (there is another type also) NB waters need to be gone or broken to attach it.

yeah its quite quick and didnt seem to bother her, she has a birthmark where it was now but its just a lil rectangle and it wasnt bleeding or anything, took a moment for them to put it on too so really fast and easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back