37 trying to conceive and scared!

Becky78

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm 38 this year and already have a 19 & 16 year old. But no my new partner and I really would like a new bundle of joy. I have just been reading about all the risks involved being pregnant at my age and am now terrified as although I know I'm older I could never be blamed for acting my age (whatever that means) and so am quite nervous now. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago but I put that down to stress as I had only lost my brother a few months previous. Also I'm nowhere near as fit and slim as I was a couple of years ago. But am told I can't diet or excersise if I'm pregnant!

Im just looking for some happy stories...or just to be told it could be wonderful and not to worry so much?? Thanks in advance!!

It's wonderful, don't worry too much!
I had my third at 37. He was conceived super quick (in about 5 minutes literally lol!)
I had no complications and he's perfect.
You'll be fine. Just stay away from Google and enjoy it.
Good luck x

My mum was 40 when she had me, and my MIL was 41 when she had my OH.

While the risks are higher, it doesn't mean that it's guaranteed, and anything can happen like with any pregnancy at any age!

If you are both looking forward to a new bouncing bundle, then go for it.

If you are really concerned maybe have a chat with your GP to see what they recommend (start folic acid before becoming pregnant is a common one!!)

Good luck.

Hi, I was worried I was too old to be pregnant and have a successful pregnancy, but I fell pregnant with my first when I was 39, he is now 13months and im due my second in June when I will be 41. I had no problems at all with my first, I conceived in the first month ,and fingers crossed everything is going well so far with 2nd, I conceived in second month with this one, so go for it and good luck �� xx

I had my son at 35 and now pregnant again at 37, will be 38 when born. My first pregnancy was quite smooth going x

I had my son at 35 and now pregnant again at 37, will be 38 when born. My first pregnancy was quite smooth going x

Ha! Ditto this! Had my son at 35, I'm now 37 and will be 38 when this one is born - spooky! x

Hi my friend had her baby at 40 or 41 and her baby is perfect. My other friend just had a bay 8 weeks ago and she is 39 her baby is fine. Obviously being an older mum you may be put as high but if you were you could have the harmony test which will give you a more accurate answer and it's not invasive like the nhs ones. X

Hi :wave:

My sister had her first baby at 44 yrs old who is now a happy, healthy 3 1/2 yr old.

I am currently pregnant with my 3rd at 38 yrs old and so far so good...roughly 3 weeks to go! I had my first st 19 yrs old and second at 34 yrs old so had a 14 yr gap between first and second. But all good :)

As long as you're healthy in yourself there's no reason why you can't exercise and/or eat healthily whilst pregnant, but it's always best to check that out with your GP/MW. However from my experience they do encourage healthy eating and exercise throughout pregnancy. I was told to just listen to my body, for example tiredness, be careful when weight training in case I pulled muscles/ligaments etc. But I must be honest and tell you that once the nausea set in, I did SFA were exercise was concerned. Think I have just been more tired with this pregnancy and a 4 yr old to run around after. Both my first and second pregnancies I was out and about all of the time walking everywhere, sometimes hours at a time and hiking up mountains with my doggies, but not this time. My 4yr old both mentally and physically drains me :lol:

Good luck with your decision hun, and if it's what you guys want then don't let age put you off. x

Hi, I had my first baby at 40 and am now expecting my second at 41.

I don't think that there's too many issues these days with being an older mum. I have met loads at the baby groups I go to.

I had my first at 37 and my second 4 months ago at 39. We were lucky that we conceived straight away both times. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back