37 + 4 but measuring under 35 weeks?

Newmum13

Reaction score
Hello ladies.

I am in a bit of a tiz. At my midwife appointment today, I was measuring under 35 weeks, when I am actually 37+ 4. This is the first time that the measurements have been out. However this means that my fundal height/baby has not grown atall since i was last measured 2 weeks ago!? Has anyone else had experience of this?
The midwife made an appointment for a growth scan for me but it's not until tomorrow morning but it's still stressing me out!?

Hello ladies.

I am in a bit of a tiz. At my midwife appointment today, I was measuring under 35 weeks, when I am actually 37+ 4. This is the first time that the measurements have been out. However this means that my fundal height/baby has not grown atall since i was last measured 2 weeks ago!? Has anyone else had experience of this?
The midwife made an appointment for a growth scan for me but it's not until tomorrow morning but it's still stressing me out!?

Is it the same midwife who did the last measurement? I was measured 2 days ago at 30 weeks and measured 28 weeks.. worried me a little since last time I was measured at 27 weeks I measured 27 weeks so growth is slowing down.. Not worried about the fact I am measuring smaller since I am petit myself but more that she didn't seem to grow that much since last scan.

It was another midwife than my usual one and she said that its probably because different midwifes measure differently and she didn't seem concerned.

Try to relax if you can and tomorrow you will have some reassurance xxx

Babies probably in a different position to what they've been in recently. I've measured three weeks bigger then last week I was the same as I was two weeks previously. Xxx

Yep, me! Ive measured ahead throughout the pregnancy until 34 weeks when baby measured spot on. Then at my 36wk appt i was still measuring 34wks and according to my growth scan baby had only gained 180g in 2 weeks. I saw a doc at the hosp as i was concerned but he looked at all the measurements (tummy, femur, head etc) and was happy all is well - she's just on the small side. For peace of mind they're giving me another scan next week at 38wks. The doc said that at one point late in pregnancy babies weight gain can plateau which is totally normal.
Good luck with the scan tomo! X

Thanks everyone for the reassurance :) hopefully it is just the way baby is lying it's just disconcerting when the midwife seems concerned but a scan will be good and hopefully confirm everything is ok! And it will be nice to see baby one more time before she arrives. This is my first baby and I'm a worrier anyway so just need to try and relax before tomorrow xxx

With my last I was measured on schedule all the way through.... Until.... My 32 week appointment I was measuring 30 weeks. My 34 week appt I was still 30 weeks. Had a growth scan the following day and then every other week until I gave birth at 38 weeks. He measured a health 6lb 10.5 oz
I wouldn't worry, some just carry better and hide it well. If you're taller theres more room for baby to stretch up and down inside rather than protrude outwards x

I had an appointment for my 31 week on wed and I am measuring 28 the midwife referred me for a scan but I haven't even heard back yet for an appointment and I am not happy to wait over the weekend worrying so calling up today to find out when the scan will be be! I am worried even though I am pettit but means baby hasn't grown since 28 week appointnent according to the tape measure anyway which means static so you would think they they would get me in for a scan! Ugh

I had an appointment for my 31 week on wed and I am measuring 28 the midwife referred me for a scan but I haven't even heard back yet for an appointment and I am not happy to wait over the weekend worrying so calling up today to find out when the scan will be be! I am worried even though I am pettit but means baby hasn't grown since 28 week appointnent according to the tape measure anyway which means static so you would think they they would get me in for a scan! Ugh

My appointment was similar but a tiny bit growth. 27 weeks measured 27 weeks. 30 weeks measured 28 weeks. Midwife was not at all concerned. they said they refer to scan if you are 3 cm off so you seem to be within the limit?

Also, she said it can be different ways of measuring one day to another so I'm sure you re fine but call for that scan today so you can relax! xxx

They called me and have a scan today it's 3cm off I think. Hopefully just hiding in there somewhere but I get that the measurements can be diff depending on which way baby is moving. I'm glad I'm going this morning I've had reduced movement but think it's the stress.

I wouldn't worry at 37 weeks with my DD my bump measured 32 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back