35 week scan

cers123

Reaction score
Had my scan today which I was so excited about finally getting to see my l/o since I was 21 weeks... My consultant wasn't available even tho I was booked to see him so instead I had to go see a useless man who seemed to rush everything.

I have GD which is controlled by diet so he just scanned about checking head size, size of leg bone and the fluid around the baby...

He didn't give me any pictures which I was disappointed about ... But had a screen shot of what measurements the things were and the weight of the l/o ... Well I can only guess that's what it meant because he didn't explain it lol .... From what I can tell the baby is measuring 5.7 lbs .... And on my notes for estimated weight he said 2.6 which I think is on top of the 2.6....

Can anyone shed some light on possible weight gain from now until 40 weeks some sights say 1/2lb a week

Had my scan today which I was so excited about finally getting to see my l/o since I was 21 weeks... My consultant wasn't available even tho I was booked to see him so instead I had to go see a useless man who seemed to rush everything.

I have GD which is controlled by diet so he just scanned about checking head size, size of leg bone and the fluid around the baby...

He didn't give me any pictures which I was disappointed about ... But had a screen shot of what measurements the things were and the weight of the l/o ... Well I can only guess that's what it meant because he didn't explain it lol .... From what I can tell the baby is measuring 5.7 lbs .... And on my notes for estimated weight he said 2.6 which I think is on top of the 2.6....

Can anyone shed some light on possible weight gain from now until 40 weeks some sights say 1/2lb a week

not sure about the weight gain but growth scans (which is what that will have been) you dont get given pics usually and they just do the medical measuring bit. (boo) iv got mine on weds (36 weeks) so will be interesting to see what they say ha if they think they arent explaining to me im asking everything!!! xx

Do haha I am really ragin I didn't ask enough questions lol

It's slightly different at my hospital as everyone gets a growth scan between 32-34 weeks (you book it after your 20w scan) and you do get piccies. Baby is so big by that point you don't see much though.

Based on my scan at 34w they said bub was 5lbs so if I went to 40w I estimated an 8lb baby [based on the rough idea baby gains 0.5lb a week. I've never heard it to be more than that????]

I had James 9 days late and he was 7lb 8oz.

xxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back