34 wks scan wasnt great :(

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by vampybear, Feb 7, 2012.

1. vampybear

vampybear Well-Known Member

Had 34 wk scan yesterday- not had great pics of him at all the whole pregnancy so hoped this would be good one.
    but oh no, his head is facing upwards so they couldnt get a shot of his face :(

then they reveal he is back to back with me, so im scared he wont move around before the birth :(

and his head is very low down ready to engage

AND he is already 5 and half pounds, so could be a 9 pounder by birth!

ARGH!

2. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

Sounds like he is gonna be a little pickle! Either that or the best baby for causing u so many problems!

3. vampybear

ah dont lol. He just doesnt want me to see him until he is actually here i expect lol

4. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

A shy one then?! Lol!

5. Sleepy sue

Sleepy sue Well-Known Member

Hi Hun get on your birthing ball or on all fours this will help turn your LO they can turn while in labour also. My baby is back to back at 34 weeks but mw wasn't overly concerned. X x

6. poppypd

poppypd Well-Known Member

My mw said she wasn't worried about position before 36 weeks, so there is still a long time for them to move. But wow, that is a good weight at 34 weeks! Mine was 6lb 5 oz at 36 weeks, I'm hoping that the scan estimate isn't 100% accurate, or baby doesn't go over due!!!!! eek

7. nikki8092

nikki8092 Well-Known Member

i have given birth to 2 back to back babies and hoping this one will turn as it can make for a longer labour. Got nothing to compare it to but i only found my 2nd to be difficult in respect of labour x

8. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

Practice some yoga and do the catstrech. People say that's suppose to help!

xx

9. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

aww he's just being camera shy and waiting for you to see him in the flesh xxx

10. Zoeox

Zoeox Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a very shy lo in there :), babies can still move around a bit but try all fours rocking side to side maybe. When I went for my 34week scan my lo was 5lb7 xx

11. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

My bubs was back to back briefly right towards the end when he was 2/5ths engaged. Lots of ball bouncing and being on all fours helped. I also went on the wii fit doing hula hoops and step aerobics. Only do this after 37 weeks though if anyone is going to try it. Sorry scan pics wernt great but so long as bubs is good that's the main thing. :) hopefully not long until you meet the lil one!xx

12. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Shame about not getting a good pic of him, must be so frustrating!
    My midwife told me not to worry about the position of LO too much as some babies don't even engage until you're well into labour (which sounds scary I know, but our bodies are very clever and generally know what to do and when to do it).

I thought 5lbs at this stage was quite normal? Plus the scans that estimate weight aren't very accurate, so don't take it as the complete truth

13. vampybear

ah thanks ladies. i knew he would be big, as im 5'11, and his dad is 6'3. He has been above average in leg length etc the whole time.
    You put on half a pound a wk from this point (well the baby does) so thats why they are estimating 9lbs. They got my sister's weight nearly right, so bit scared lol, but lots of people say big babies arent so painful to deliver so might be good!

Im doing all fours occasionally, but due to my back pain, im not doing it as much as i should lol. Im just to darn lazy!

14. Pickledonions

Pickledonions Well-Known Member

My baby was estimated 7 12 at 34 weeks and.born 8 2 so don't read too much into that

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

15. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

5.5 is perfect and exactly what my LO was. He was 8lb exactly 2 weeks overdue so don't worry too much!

16. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

Awh hope you feel better, doesnt want his picture taken already! Xx

17. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

In the olden days they used to recommend scrubbing floors to get babies into the right position!!!! Would rather be on all fours watching TV though!! lol

18. vampybear

lol yeah i got to do more of the on fours, my laziness needs to stop for my own sake during the labour lol

19. Jess1979

Jess1979 Well-Known Member

My little fella is currently back to back with me and he seems he doesnt want to shift but the midwife has reassured me that this wont cause a problem. As she said 'At least he isnt feet first'

Your LO still has time to move round hun