34 weeks and bubba weighs only 1.7kg

Koalamumma

Reaction score
Hi! So I’m 18 years old and a small person myself but at my 33 week scan they found that my baby’s humerus and femur are small, about 3 weeks behind were they should be. At my 34 week scan they said she was reallyyyy tiny weighing almost 1.7kg, I had the scan to detect chromosomal abnormalities which was negative. I can’t get off google and searching all these possibilities ,I think the plan is to induce me around 37 weeks because they don’t think it’s a good idea if I go past that. Does anyone have any stories that are similar?

Hello hun,

When looking on google baby should be around 2.1kg at 34 weeks. So that means baby is only 0.4kg lighter than it should be. I personally think this is nothing worry about and tbh i have known so many ladies who have had to go in early due to have smaller or heavier babies and they have come out a perfect size and nowhere near the weight they predicted.
I would take this with a pinch of salt, but i totally understand why you are worried.
I hope everything goes well for you. x

Ohh thank you soo much for your reply:), it’s reassuring that other women with smaller little ones have had a good birth weight. I’ve heard that scans later in pregnancy aren’t always accurate but didn’t know if it was true.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it, that's 3lb 7oz with plenty of time for bubba to gain weight. My boy was measuring small too, I ended up having steroid injections incase he had to come early, then over the next 4 weeks his weight crept up to a better level. I had my last scan at 37 weeks on Monday and he was measuring 6lb 11oz. So everything can still change. :)

That’s great too hear thank you for replying back, I’m hoping my lil girl gains weight like your lil one

My baby was estimated 1.5kg at 33wks. She was born a healthy, but below average, 2.9kg (6lb6oz) at 39+4. She was 2ish weeks behind on all measurements except head size. I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially if you're small yourself. Growth scans are never right with regards to weight anyway.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I’ve gotta keep remembering I’m a small person so I don’t stress this lil bubba out

My husband and I are both little, we were never going to have big babies. Youre probably similar x

Yeah you are probably right, I’m only like 5’ 4 or a little smaller and I weighed like 41kg when I found out I was pregnant

My little boy was 1.58kg at 33 weeks and born at 37+5wks at 6lbs 1oz (2.75kg) at a scan the day before he was estimated to be 5lbs 11oz (2.57kg) so the scan was out by 0.2kg. The biggest worry about a baby measuring small is if they don’t gain weight so repeat scans are needed. By little boy was just going to be small as he grew following the 5th centile line but if he dropped off this then it would have meant he probably wasn’t getting enough from the placenta. I was only induced early because of recurrent reduced movements not because he was measuring small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back