34 week mw app and health visitor app

hugsy

Reaction score
had my 34 week today, went good and bad,

She asked about my parent craft day and when i told her i found them very unhelpfull with my questions about pain relief she wasnt much better, I dont understand why none of the midwives i seen have been able to tell me what drugs i can or can not take with my codien allergy, all she did was google it and say hmmm maybe u shouldnt take diamorpheine or petadine, if they cant answer my questions can they not refer me to someon who can??? apparently not

well other than that measurements and pee were all good but babys heart beat was 180 so she asked me to go back in after health visior app but it was still 180 so sent me up to the hospital to be put on the monitor, thankfully it came back down so all is good :) little messer giving me fright again

On the up side was surprisingly happy with the health visitro app, not half as bad as i expected, got my red book which i was told to put straight into my hospital bag, one to add to the list i think dont remember seeing it there,

she was alsoopen on feeding unlike the others who force BF so she was able to answer my formula questions which was great.

And i now have the rest of the day off work to rest yaiii i defo need it :)

your midwife should have been able to ask a phamacist about your allergy, they would be the ones who would know what you can take.

Glad your appointment went well :) xx

Surely the book which they have with them regarding medicines would tell them whether you could take with your allergy!
Glad your appt went well though xx

Glad your appointment went okay. If the MW can't answer your questions she should really be trying to find out from someone else. What about giving NHS direct a call? They are supposed to give advice I think. Xx

yeah i kknow i was so shocked that she didnt know, she has been helpfull up to now but feel very let dwn about it all now

She also said if i want to do a birth plan to work away and if i want to bring it in and show her when im done??? i was lkine eh do i not do it with you and got a firm NO

gonnna have to try find out more my self on the drugs side of things i guess

you could go along to boots and ask to speak to a pharmacist there hun! they are the ones the doctors ask in these situations.

h thats a good idea will try that on sat :) also have a cousin whos a pharmacist but shes over in Canada at the mo but could always email and ask her :)

guess i just expected to have some sort of discussion about the actual labour and pain relief at some point so was bit shocked that its not gonna happen and il just have to play it by ear on the day

Glad it went well :) I've got my 34 week appointment soon, and been a bit apprehensive about the health visitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back