34 week hospital checkup

Louise123

Reaction score
Hiya ladies been to my 34 week hospital check up today all ok with myself and baby except baby is measuring 37 weeks the consultant had booked me in for a scan in 4 weeks time but said I probably will have to have a c-section has anyone else had this? Iam really nervous now :((((( xx

Was that with a tape measure? I am 27 weeks, measuring 33 and havent been told that. Try not to worry, the tape measure is so inaccurate, two different people measuring you on the same day will give two different results, causes so much anxiety too!

Yeah it was, baby has always measured normal but I was told at a private Scan that her legs was measuring a week and half long but I just thought Ooooo lucky her long legs lol, but my consultant said that at my scan which il be 38 weeks the outcome will be yes I can deliver natural but there is a big chance of a c-section or other outcome il be booked in for a c-section but now Iam panicking what if she comes early before my scan and I didn't really want to I down the c-section route f possible I think il be more worried and also there was protein in my urine sample which I don't really understand it's been sent off :( xx

Why dont you give them a call back, its hard to take anything once someones said things like that.

Theynormally do sections at 39 weeks nowadayssometimes earlier so you should be fine with next scan to check size, if there heading into 10lb they might do one.

Two seperate things there firstly growth scan. They will do an ultrasound and then make a decision based on that it could be they induce yiu early or that they offer an elective c section please note that even growth scan is not 100% accurate and the baby could be bigger or smaller than they say it's just an indication. Remeber 37 weeks is medically full term , Speak with the sonographer and consultant and get them to explain everything explain your worrys and then make an informed decision based on that. Secondly the protein in urine can be signs of pre eclampsia or of an infection or just an anomaly result. They send it off to test for infection if that is the case then you will need antibiotics likely but don't stress they won't give you anything unsafe for baby and it's quite normal for someone to get the odd issue xx

Awww thankyou just seems all been going smoothly all way through my pregnancy and now everything seems to be happening, at my appointments they never seem to know what going on either they are always asking me have you had this done and when did you see us last ect I feel like saying shouldnt you all be leaving notes in my green book so you know as I always forget, it has made me more worried incase I do go into labour early now before the scan I have noticed bump has dropped all top part softer now then goes hard abit further then use too but consultant didnt seem fused about that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back