33 week growth scan and baby weight WOW!

specialbump

Reaction score
hey guys just not long got back from my 33 week growth scan babys estimated to be exactly 5lb JESUS christ does that seem big or am i flapping??

didnt get a picture as hes massive and they were quite pants tbh but he has chubby cheeks and massive long legs that curl up over his belly hes head down now too whoo not long now got another scan at 37 weeks if he is big i will opf for induction i dont want to but worried sick of popping out a head the size of a hippo :(

GOT our name too i think
IVAN :) whats ur take on that ??

we thaught ivan as we went away to scarbrough to the Ivanhoe hotel for the weekend and come home with a squatter in my womb lol so ivan after ivanhoe ha ha

We had a 4d scan at 33+4 and they measured bubs to be 5lb 5oz, so that sounds about right. They said it was average. She said baby will put on half a pound a week now

Xx

Aw Ivan Is lovely :)
I've just had a growth scan today I'm 36+3 and baby is estimated 7lb 6!! Lol but they're not worried so I'm not...(except about pain lol) xx

Tapatalking. X

Awwww I'm glad he's growing well in there! Ivan is quite good, unusual enough without being too wacky! X

I had a scan at 34w and bub was estimated at 5lbs. Based on the rule that they gain 0.5lbs per week I was expecting at least an 8lb-er. I had bub at 41w +2 and he was 7lbs 8oz so not the monster I was expecting :lol:

xxxxxx

I had one last week 4lb they think Eliza's small , they said that with my little boy and he was 7 pound x

I had a scan at 32 weeks - estimated weight was 5lb 6oz!! I'm being induced at 38 weeks, quite glad really otherwise I might end up with a 10 pounder!! :) x

Apparently growth scans are not all that accurate. They have scared me with mine, as they measured baby big - and im tiny! 2 weeks ago, baby was 7Ib and head and abdo circumference at 98th centile. But they dont seem worried, and i dont wanna push for an induction. Am rather scared about pushing out a massive baby head though!

I had a scan at 32 weeks - estimated weight was 5lb 6oz!! I'm being induced at 38 weeks, quite glad really otherwise I might end up with a 10 pounder!! :) x

are they inducing because of the babys weight? or other concernes i have a raised bmi of 44% (fat nack i know) and feeling so down now with it and the spd is a killer just wondering ur story supose im being nosey x

are they inducing because of the babys weight? or other concernes i have a raised bmi of 44% (fat nack i know) and feeling so down now with it and the spd is a killer just wondering ur story supose im being nosey x

I've got a growth scan on Monday when I'll be 33 + 6 and I'm expecting baby to be over 5lb. She was 4lb 2oz at my last scan 3 weeks ago. I've estimated she will probably be about 8 -8lb at birth but I'm a little pleased to hear growth scans aren't always correct cos I'd ideally only like her to be about 7.5 lb lol xx

I've got a growth scan on Monday when I'll be 33 + 6 and I'm expecting baby to be over 5lb. She was 4lb 2oz at my last scan 3 weeks ago. I've estimated she will probably be about 8 -8lb at birth but I'm a little pleased to hear growth scans aren't always correct cos I'd ideally only like her to be about 7.5 lb lol xx

I really don't think you should pay too much attention to the growth scans. I had one at 30 and one at 32. The measurements taken showed that baby's head had shrunk!! really I say!! As if!!!xx

moo was 3lb 5 oz at 29week scan so probalby on par with baby ivan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back